Responsible for providing the appropriate merchandise corresponding to the needs of the market in
order to maximize profit sales. This position ensures availability of new and in demand merchandise at the most cost-
Duties and Essential Functions
- Selects and acquires newest, popular and priority merchandise through physical catalogs, e-catalogs,
- publishers/suppliers websites, blogs, etc.
- Meets with publishers for new titles presentation for books, and with vendors for supplies.
- Negotiates with publishers/suppliers on the pricing, special discounts and privileges
- Decides on the pricing of merchandise based on profitability.
- Oversees order process:
- Preparation of Purchase orders (P.O.)
- Email to Publishers/Suppliers
- Follow up orders
- Release of merchandise to stores
- Selects and orders titles for book fairs or onsite selling (Artfair, Worldbex, Manila International Book Fair, etc.)
- Coordinates with Accounting department for shipping, invoicing and payment of orders.
- Analyses and reviews sales turnover and sell through of ordered merchandise.
- Decides which titles/categories to expand or narrow down based on sales analysis.
- Analyses consumer buying patterns and predicts future trends through continuous research.
- Coordinates with Marketing department for in-store promotions, priority titles, newsletter, website and Facebook recommendations
- Participates in promotional activities especially in events with satellite selling.
- Conducts competitor analysis to compare price, selection, customer service, merchandising and transaction count through competitor visit or online reviews.
- Coordinates and recommends merchandise for highlight in store operations.
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably Business related courses.
- With 2- 5 years of experience and able to work independently in a year.
- Strong analytical skills and forecasting ability (quantitative and qualitative)
- Decision making skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Capable of creating and analyzing statistical and financial reports related to merchandise issues
- Customer centric focus
- Interest or passion for reading/books
- Product knowledge
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Loans without Interest
- Gratuity Fee
- Inventory Control
- Organizing and Planning
- Relationship Management
- Persuasion and Negotiation
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Business related courses
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.