Senior Network and Security Engineer | Night Shift | BGC, Taguig City
- Taguig, PhilippinesPicadilly Star, 4th Avenue, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The role is for an SME-grade Sr. Network Engineer capable of working in a highly regulated environment but one also moving quickly and constantly changing. This requires extensive experience and familiarity with routing/switching hardware and software with specialization in LAN/WAN and/or Security technologies along with demonstrating a firm understanding of general TCP/IP routing and switching principles.
Primary Duties/Responsibility 1: Network Implementation, Management, & Support
- Perform Network support activities in the event of operational support incidents in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with clients (internal and external)
- Responsible for implementation and operational support of the global enterprise networking, focused on Cisco and Palo Alto networks and related products
- To collaborate in a team dedicated to provide Network support to both internal and external clients
- Performs 2nd and 3rd line support activities, contributing with technology partners and other 3rd party solution providers in collaboration with other support teams
- Execute Network related business as usual requests and improvement, development changes
- Applies and adheres to change control process as defined by the company
- Proactively research new technologies and act as champion for Network Infrastructure throughout the organization and educate operational teams on best practices.
- Helps drive and support global or regional projects for implementing new network solutions or running new release deployments
- Helps create and continuously keeps area related internal knowledge base up to date. Prepares required documentation and procedure definitions in order to ensure effective support work and knowledge transfer to the support organization units in the company
Primary Duties/Responsibility 2: Security
- Execute complex upgrades following internal change control.
- Help identify opportunities for automation, cost savings and service quality improvements.
- Collaborate with global operations teams to help enhance current processes and procedures
- Helps maintain awareness of technology trends and help identify gaps in deployment strategy
- Collaborate with peers to develop documentation for standard practices
- Help protect the company and its customers from data theft, financial loss due to a breach or an external attack on its information systems.
- Work with the project team to form and execute technology strategies, and provide technical expertise and recommendations to aid Information Security projects and initiatives.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future IT security architectures in support of company goals and objectives.
- 8+ years of strong working background and knowledge on telecommunication network platform architectures and support including system, software platform and hardware related experience
- Experience of complex problem analysis with global networks
- Experience in next generation network technologies, cloud computing, Virtualization, content distribution network is an advantage
- Defining and driving deployment of network infrastructure management tooling
- Driving network penetration testing and mitigation activities with IT operations IT knowledge
- Has a minimum of 5-years working background and knowledge involving F5 load balancers.
- Capable of providing high-level troubleshooting for networks.
- Knowledge on MPLS traffic engineering, configuration, and troubleshooting is a PLUS
- Working experience and knowledge on VMWare tools (e.g. VSphere) a PLUS
- CCNA, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, CCSP, CCDP, ACE or PCNSE and similar level of professional certifications
- Strong knowledge on standard monitoring portfolios (e.g. Solarwinds Orion, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, etc.)
- Deep understanding on LAN/WAN technologies
- FW, IPS, AAA and advanced network security skills
- Advanced Layer 2/3 & security related troubleshooting skills
- DC environments, server access technologies, FCoE, SAN, virtual switching, VM integration skills is an advantage
- CCNP Data center certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of service framework such as ITIL
- Design level understanding of security including PCI-DSS, Firewalls, HIPAA/HITRUST, IDS/IPS, two factor authentications, ISO 27001/2/3 as it relates to network security
- Strong Knowledge on Dynamic routing (OSPF, BGP, & EIGRP), QoS, Network Management (SNMP, NetFlow), and VPN
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.