Senior Medical Coder | BGC
- Taguig, PhilippinesPicadilly Star, 4th Avenue, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Clinical Coder Support Specialist is responsible for of collecting information, solving problems, answering questions and providing support in relation to work performance and documenting pertinent information within the appropriate database. This role will coordinate the assignment of workload across Clinical Readers and manages intraday productivity of assigned staff. He/She will also assist the Sr. Manager of Clinical Operations in overseeing the implementation and delivery of key operations initiatives in the Manila site. Position will translate business requirements into effective operations procedures in line with the department’s business objectives.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other work-related duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring assignments and assuring full use of nurse/coder capacity.
- Responsible for monitoring exception reports per employee.
- Responsible for fielding any system issues within 1 hour of notification.
- Daily and intraday review of projects and chart inventory to maintain efficient assignments;
- Assign charts inventory to each Clinical Reader ensuring that chart assignment strategy is aligned with department’s goals. This includes adjusting current assignments to balance the load for logical and efficient use of Clinical Reader inventory;
- Monitor and report out daily and intraday Clinical Reader production performance.
- Code risk adjustment charts utilizing ICD-10 codes
- Code a minimum of one chart daily to maintain ICD-10 coding skills, in addition to identifying any trends or challenges within CAO.
- Code charts for risk adjustment when requested by manager due to down time or to assist with chart production.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned by members of the Operations Leadership Team from time to time.
- Minimum of 6 months ICD-10 coding experience
- Coding certification by AAPC and /or AHIMA. CRC, CPC is required
- Working knowledge of scheduling and workforce management preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet departmental needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Amenable to work in BGC Taguig on a night shift schedule
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.