IT Audit Officer
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Responsible for the conduct of audit engagements of Information Technology (IT) Units and Application Systems (the Auditee) in accordance with established audit engagement plan. Execution of which should be in accordance with the International Audit Standards and the Internal Audit (IA) Manual.
- Conducts and documents the preliminary risk assessment of the Auditee through Engagement Planning and Risk Assessment (EPRA) report, which includes the following:
- Business understanding and preliminary risk and control analysis based on the data/information gathered (i.e., pertinent documents, walkthrough, interviews, previous audit reports, risk incident report, etc.); and,
- Engagement’s objective; scope; nature, extent and timing of audit procedures; audit strategy; and resource allocations.
- Prepares/ develops and updates Audit Program Guides (APG) and Audit Rating Systems (ARS) for the Auditee, as necessary.
- Submits the EPRA, APG and ARS to the Department Head for review.
- Ensures that prior to fieldwork, the Audit team is notified/ adequately briefed and is equipped (e.g., resources, reference materials, etc.) to efficiently and effectively execute the audit strategy and complete the scope of review, including identified changes thereto.
- Participates in the pre-audit conference with Audit Team to discuss the approved audit engagement plan and to identify potential problem/risk areas and the appropriate course of actions under the circumstances.
- Discusses with the Auditee management the audit scope, objectives, processes/ procedures, and the requirements/ expectations as guided by the Audit Entrance Meeting Memo, among others, during the first day of field work.
- Executes the audit plan by performing the audit procedures on assigned tasks and documenting in working papers the results of review. These include, but not limited to, test of controls, substantive testing, observation, interview/ inquiries, walk-through and process flow documentation.
- Ensures that the audit scope, samples, source documents reviewed, audit procedures, conclusion (results of review)/ exceptions noted, and other significant information are documented in the audit working paper, following the internal standards on working paper preparation.
- Coordinates/monitors day-to-day tasks to ensure that audit objectives are accomplished within allotted time/period, and when necessary, obtains Department Head’s approval for the changes in audit scope/timing/extent or mandays.
- When assigned as the supervising auditor (or the team leader), reviews the work of team members and monitors the status/progress of audit engagement until its termination, to ensure assigned tasks of the latter were completed on time, in accordance with the established engagement plans/objectives and the IA Manual; and conducts on-the-job training for new assisting auditors.
- Determines if there are significant or critical issues/violations, and coordinates such to the Team Leader (for assisting auditors)/ Department Head, which may require further review or evaluation and/or warrant special investigation/ immediate reporting.
- A graduate of Accountancy
- Must be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- preferably with 2 years experience in the Banking industry doing IT Audit function
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Child Care Benefits
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Gym Membership
- Performance Bonus
- Auditing and Compliance
- Internal Audit
- Problem Solving
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Accountancy [Internal Audit]
- Accountancy [Tax Consultancy]
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.