- Perform laboratory analysis on all materials after appropriate sterilization.
- Study various cultures of microorganisms in isolation according to standard inhibition and ensure control over moisture, aeration, temperature and nutrition.
- Perform tests on water, food and the environment to detect harmful microorganisms and to obtain information about sources of pollution and contamination.
- Perform tests on component samples, identify any contamination, conduct an analysis and initiate corrective measures.
- Leads and maintains quality control systems and product/process verification systems, including sampling procedures and analytical tests to ensure all products produced meet food safety quality requirements.
- Maintain purchase orders for all laboratory processes and monitor inventory.
- Review regulatory environment and develop response protocols in preparation for new or amended food safety legislation.
- Investigate food safety processes to ensure compliance and report noncompliance to management and governing bodies along with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Conduct research on various microbiological studies on a regular basis. Isolate bacteria and other microorganism cultures for future study.
- Monitor the effects of microorganisms on animals, plants and the environment.
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon research outcomes and documents for all protocols.
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology or Biochemistry or related field
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Microbiologist or directly related work experience
- Highly skilled in microbiology techniques, methodology, equipment and supplies
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory tests used in microbiology work.
- Advance computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Record Keeping
- Attention to Detail
- Data Analysis
About Mega Global Corporation
Mega Global Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. It is the company behind MEGA SARDINES - the Number 1 Sardines Brand in the Philippines, and other innovative, high-quality and value-for-money products namely, MEGA CREATIONS Premium Sardines, MEGA TUNA, and MEGA PRIME Canned Vegetables. The company has two entities namely, Mega Fishing Corporation (MFC) and Ayala Seafoods Corporation (ASC). Armed with modern facilities, international standard certifications and equipment for both fishing and manufacturing, Mega Global Corporation is dedicated to improve people's lives by bringing forth improvements and innovation in fishing, food technology and packaging.