- Tanahabang, Indonesia
- Full time
You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Management and Consultancy
- Educational requirement
- Completed graduate studies (Masters)
- Office Address
- Wisma GKBI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Bend. Hilir, Tanahabang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10210, Indonesia
- Management Consulting
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About McKinsey & Co Indonesia
McKinsey in Indonesia
We help many of Indonesia’s leading enterprises drive growth, transform operational and organizational performance, shape new business models, build leadership capabilities, and accelerate economic development. We serve clients across all major sectors—including oil and gas, mining, financial services, telecom and media, consumer industries, travel and logistics, and the public sector.
We have been present in Indonesia since 1988, and our office was McKinsey’s first in Southeast Asia. Our consultants are drawn from the brightest talent from Indonesia and around the world, and our alumni hold leadership positions in many of the country’s established businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups as well as public and social sector organizations.
Our work is backed by extensive knowledge development. Our report, “The archipelago economy: Unleashing Indonesia’s potential,” launched by the National Economic Council in 2012, showed how Indonesia—the world’s fourth most populous country—can become a leading global economy. We also regularly publish key research to support the growth of Indonesia’s consumer, digital, energy, infrastructure, and financial services sectors.