Senior Civil Engineer (Geo-Technical)
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Graduated from college
- 3 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 9 days
- Recruiter responds
- 36% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 8 days ago
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- MWSS Compound, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• PRC Registered Civil Engineer
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in geotechnical engineering field, with emphasis on technical/design work preferably in the water resource and infrastructure industry.
• MS in Civil Engineering major in Geotechnical Engineering is an advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Adept to local structural codes such as National Structural Code of the Philippines both for buildings and bridges.
• Knowledgeable to International Codes and standards such as FDOT, AASHTO, ACI, ASTM, etc. and all related certifications and requirements as necessary for normal operations of a soils and construction materials testing laboratory.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with the ability to learn new software applications.
• Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics.
• Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing is a advantage
1. Ensures the completion of detailed engineering design for CAPEX in-house and consultancy designed projects in accordance with specified quality, cost and time frame and acceptability as prescribed by the company.
2. Performs peer-review of consultant-designed projects.
3. Supervise and review the Design Drawings of “Design and Build” projects by Consultants or Contractors including other tender documents such as Schedule of Prices and Measurement and Payment, prior to implementation on site within the prescribed time frame.
4. Ensures the accuracy and on time delivery of quantity take-off required for the schedule of prices and measurement and payment;
5. Ensures accurate review of working drawings and construction drawings, and ensure adherence to project engineering design specifications and standards in its evaluation / recommendation of the accepted proposed/revised projects according to quality, cost and time frame.
6. Ensures accurate evaluation of technical brochures, materials and construction methodologies, including updating of standard drawings in accordance with Maynilad Standard Design and Specification.
7. Updates the standards of Maynilad based on local and international structural code improvements.
8. Conducts field investigation and construction review; ensures adherence to designs and project specifications of proposed projects.
9. Provide technical leadership in geotechnical and/or geological projects and tasks, including the development, management and implementation of geotechnical field and laboratory programs of various scales;
10. Ensures maintenance of various records, reports and other documentation concerning activities under charge, i.e., construction estimates, survey notes, design drawings, transmittal letters.
11. Project management of assignments that may include the conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations, their design that may include routing studies, stability assessments, heavy industrial foundations, dams, tunneling or geo-environmental projects.