- Taguig, PhilippinesThe Fort, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Magic is a Y Combinator-backed software company in San Francisco, CA that is building a hyper-intelligent, ubiquitous executive assistant and concierge service available over SMS.
Users can put in any request or command, no matter how complex, using natural language. Our software manages each request from the moment it enters our system until it is fully complete. This includes back-end infrastructure to handle SMS messages, natural language processing and machine learning, intelligent internal tooling for our agents, and innovative layers of abstraction over the diverse complexity of the world.
As such, the software we are building is multi-faceted and there are numerous difficult and engaging problems that span the fields of human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, distributed systems, parallel computing, process automation, networking and communication, database systems, and more. All of this complexity is hidden from the user and wrapped into one seamless experience that is delivered over SMS.
We are hiring innovative full-stack senior, mid-level, and junior engineers to pioneer the Philippine based team of Magic. This is a generalist role for which you will be given a high level of autonomy and will be expected to deploy impactful code to production. Some skills involved are systems analysis, problem definition, solutions development, and the like.
You will be able to remotely work with our current team in San Francisco to solve currently existing issues, continuously improve, as well as build upon with our current internal software.
We're less concerned with your resume and more concerned with your ability to get real stuff done.
- Experience with Node.js, Meteor, modern web application frameworks
- Experience with devops, the AWS suite, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience within early-stage startups or human operations companies
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Proficient in communicating in English;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Previous experience with coding (any language);
- Flexible work schedule;
- Willing to work remotely with a team in San Francisco;
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.