Magic is looking for a highly skilled and creative writer to help shape our brand and communicate clearly and effectively to people interested in our service.
What is Magic?
Magic is a 24/7 personal assistant on demand. Text Magic any request, any time day or night, from anywhere in the world, and we’ll get to work. Our service is trusted by executives, entrepreneurs, celebrities, etc. We do literally anything as long as it’s legal, from finding and booking a last-minute helicopter ride to helping power a small business behind-the-scenes. We are a fast-growing venture-backed startup founded in 2015 with offices in San Francisco and Manila, providing a radically innovative service.
How will you help?
We are looking for an experienced and highly talented writer and marketer to help us in the following ways:
- Writing video scripts, blog posts, advertisements, social media, website copy, and everything else front-facing to our audience
- Step-by-step teaching new clients how to use our service by writing introductory emails and training materials
- Working directly with the founders of the company to help shape the brand and voice of Magic
- Cross-departmental work, helping other departments with their communication
You will be working directly with C-level executives and company founders. You will be on a small pioneer team and will have a significant opportunity for career growth.
Extremely highly effective writing in US English
We require 100% fluency in US English. This is a minimum requirement. Your writing must also be persuasive, concise, and clear. You must be able to write in a variety of styles depending on the circumstance. The strength and versatility of your writing will be the number 1 criteria we will be evaluating.
Some experience in copywriting and/or marketing.
We require at least 1 year of experience in marketing, copywriting, brand development, or sales. Experience with startups or creative agencies, or experience building your own brand, is a plus.
Other skills we are looking for, but not requiring:
- University education in English literature, journalism, or other writing-related major
- Experience as a senior copywriter, marketing creative, or brand manager, with experience leading teams and successfully managing projects
- Experience working with startups
- Experience with growth and user acquisition, such as leading paid ad campaigns, SEO content creation, successfully growing social media accounts, etc.
- Experience working with companies based in the United States
- No technical knowledge is necessary (HTML, CSS, JS, Wordpress) but is a plus
You will be interviewing directly with one of the founders of the company. Working at our office in Bonifacio Global City. Pay is negotiable and will depend on experience -- we are highly competitive. You will have a semi-flexible work schedule and can regularly work from home.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- English [Literature]
- Creative Writing
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.