Junior Researcher and Data Analyst
- Quezon City, Philippines# 94 Scout Castor, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
We are a full-service, data-driven communications agency with strong track records in public relations and digital marketing. We are currently developing various data and reports products, and are looking for young, driven people who value learning and have a strong analytical mind to join the team. Analysts will be working at the cutting edge of data and communications, and will be expected to produce reports for clients and contribute to R&D for various projects.
The Junior Data Analyst will support the Data & Analytics team by handling data queries, training our text-based AI modules, creating reports, and distributing them to relevant stakeholders. This position will help provide the data reporting requirements of current and prospective clients, and train our machine learning algorithms used for text analysis. The Junior Data Analyst will also participate in product development planning, helping the team scale up our analytics offerings while ensuring good value for our clients.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor news, features, social media posts, and other communications related to our clients and their areas of concern.
- Responsible for the maintenance, updating, and accuracy of the above data.
- Investigate and explain trends, variances or unexpected results in relation to this content.
- Communication with stakeholders to ensure data requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide monthly, weekly, and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Train our sentiment analysis, emotion analysis, and entity detection machine learning algorithms, as needed.
- Learn our methodology for the mining of text data, including natural language processing and network analysis tasks, and apply these methods in the creation of reports
- Suggest improvements to tools and processes to make the delivery of data and analytics services more efficient and streamlined.
- Learn new data related skills and processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer related skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Great attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Familiarity with mass media and social media.
- Good writing skills and command of language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with confidence at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess detail orientation, solid execution capabilities, and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines with appropriate priorities.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across departments and functions.
You get major plus points if you:
- Possess knowledge of data science, statistics, mathematic, programming (Python or R would be very helpful), psychology, communications research, or marketing research
- Have prior experience performing data analysis, whether for work or in school
- Have experience using tools used for data and analytics
- Have the ability to work as a generalist within data and analytics, but can offer or can quickly learn related knowledge and skills
Perks and Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- # 94 Scout Castor, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Public Relations / PR
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.