M2.0 Communications leads a portfolio of four companies in big data, construction, communication, and business process outsourcing. As a group, we have a culture that emphasizes passion for learning and getting things done. Over the last 15 years, we’ve grown to a size where we have begun requiring specialized administrative teams to run the companies in our portfolios. As we create products and test new business models, we’ve come to learn that building a team of finance experts is a crucial part of our growth journey. This is where you come in.
Is the role right for you?
This role is open for accountants with 5+ years of experience. The role has two responsibilities: one, day-to-day finance management; and two, migrating our financial records from our current systems to more modern platforms.
This is what a day at work may look like...
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Shall directly handle the books of M2.0 Communications Inc, and Outboxed Solutions Inc. and oversee the functions of the Senior Accountant
- Perform ad hoc analysis, projects, and any other duties as required by the Finance Director.
Are you right for the role?
We’re looking for honest, detail-focused people who have a knack for finding solutions to tricky problems. Right now, we are focused on growing our business fast so we need a finance team that is proactive and can act quickly to support operations, as well as administration and sales and marketing.
We’re looking for someone with…
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Understanding of GAAP and its application in a portfolio company
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
- Collaborative. Enjoy working with other departments to achieve set tasks? Perfect!
- Focused on problem-solving and can make decisions rationally
- Being passionate about your development as well as that of your colleagues
- Experience working for a fast-growing company
- A demonstrated history of loyalty! We want people who can make firm decisions and provide constant support to a cause.
We’d prefer someone with at least two years’ experience in…
- Cost accounting
- Finance accounting
- Tax accounting
- Managerial accounting
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Transportation Allowances
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Analyzing Data
- Financial Analysis
- General Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Microsoft / MS Excel
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant