Senior Data Analyst
- Quezon, Philippines# 94 Scout Castor, Quezon, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezonMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
We are a full-service, data-driven communications agency with strong track records in public relations and digital marketing. We are currently developing various data and reports products, and are looking for young, driven people who value learning and have a strong analytical mind to join the team. Analysts will be working at the cutting edge of data and communications, and will be expected to produce reports for clients and contribute to R&D for various projects.
The Senior Data Analyst will support the Data & Analytics team by leading the day-to-day production of reports for current and prospective clients. This will involve workload trafficking and managing the creation of reports and other products and services, while performing data and reports tasks themselves. This may include the handling data queries, training our text-based AI modules, creating regular and special reports, and distributing these to relevant stakeholders.
Apart from this, the Senior Data Analyst will participate in product development planning, helping the team scale up our analytics offerings while ensuring good value for our clients. They will report to the Director of Data & Analytics, and ensure that the output of the team is robust, insightful, and analytically sound, and delivered according to mutually agreed upon timelines.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Receive briefs on reports and analytics requirements of current and prospective clients
- Develop and implement work processes to deliver these requirements according to the specifications established with the client and other members of the team
- Designate and manage the day-to-day workload of team members tasked with the creation of reports
- Monitor news, features, social media posts, and other communications related to our clients and their areas of concern.
- Responsible for the maintenance, updating, and accuracy of the above data.
- Investigate and explain trends, variances or unexpected results in relation to this content.
- Communication with stakeholders to ensure data requirements are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide monthly, weekly, and ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Train our sentiment analysis, emotion analysis, and entity detection machine learning algorithms, as needed.
- Learn our methodology for the mining of text data, including natural language processing and network analysis tasks, and apply these methods in the creation of reports
- Suggest improvements to tools and processes to make the delivery of data and analytics services more efficient and streamlined.
- Learn new data related skills and processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer related skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Great attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Familiarity with mass media and social media.
- Good writing skills and command of language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with confidence at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess detail orientation, solid execution capabilities, and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines with appropriate priorities.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across departments and functions.
You get major plus points if you:
- Possess knowledge of data science, statistics, mathematic, programming (Python or R would be very helpful), psychology, communications research, or marketing research
- Have prior experience performing data analysis, whether for work or in school
- Have experience using tools used for data and analytics
- Have the ability to work as a generalist within data and analytics, but can offer or can quickly learn related knowledge and skills
- Are familiar with communications and media, or have experience performing communications-related analysis
- Have experience managing dynamic, agile teams with expertise in various disciplines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.