Researcher and Data Analyst
- Quezon, Philippines# 94 Scout Castor, Quezon, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezonMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 25,000.00 - 30,000.00 PHP / monthPHP25,000.0030,000.0025,000.00MONTH
- Full time
The public relations and marketing communications practices are evolving at an unprecedented pace, with data and analytics expected to assume greater and greater importance in the foreseeable future. This role is for those interested in exploring how data, research, and reporting is shaping the industry and helping deliver strategic value for clients and stakeholders.
The Researcher and Data Analyst provides data management, quality assurance, analysis and reporting for M2.0’s Analytics/Reporting and Accounts teams. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Establishes data accuracy and validity derived from a variety of systems.
- Performs data analysis using qualitative and quantitative (statistical) techniques.
- Develops queries to obtain research data sets from complex databases.
- Researches and analyzes information using multiple databases and creates reports of data and results.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of decision support reports to both internal and external customers.
The mandate of the Analytics/Reporting team, of which this role is a part, is to develop insight-rich, actionable reports for M2.0’s PR and digital marketing clients, as well as prospective clients; and to develop analytics products that describe and measure the communications performance of customers across a broad range of metrics.
- Partner with internal and external clients to define reporting and strategy requirements based on business objectives.
- Develop standardized templates, policies, and procedures for internal and external reporting.
- Design and prepare documentation for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Discuss findings with senior management.
- Develop queries and quality metrics using available software tools.
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to more complex statistical analysis.
- Complete data cleaning and organizes data files for analysis.
- Review data and identifies quality issues.
- Present findings in an appropriate manner.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in communications, communications research, marketing, public relations, or related fields at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A passion for learning and interest in testing new methods of measurement in communications
Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to assess potential risks and opportunities for current and prospective clients.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide solution recommendations.
- Ability to extract actionable insights from complex information.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to participate in brainstorms and planning meetings.
- High level of skill with Microsoft Excel and/or statistical software
- Experience working with complex data repositories
- Previous experience in communications and/or communications research
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to understand software backend development
- Creative Thinking
- Sales and Marketing Knowledge
- Analyzing Data
- Data Analysis
- Market Research
- Customer Research
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.