Lead Data Engineer
- 1 opening
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Completed graduate studies (Masters)
- 6 months ago
- Application deadline
- in 2 months
- Recruiter responds
- 5% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 3 months ago
- IT and Software
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- Manila, Manila, Philippines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with proven hands-on working experience with large-scale datasets
- Ability to build a team and experience managing a team
- Rich hands-on experience in web crawling
- Rich hands-on experience with cleaning and organizing free format data
- Meticulous working attitude
- Highly proficient in Python
- Proficient in R is a big plus
- Ability to work with multiple languages is a big plus
- Self-starter, Natural planner who looks ahead, raises issues, resolves them, and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members and work in a collaborative environment
- Disproportionately motivated by the thought of launching an innovative product
- Adapt to change well, and aren’t particularly phased by course changes
- Have a positive and optimistic personality. Setbacks motivate you to work harder
- Passionate about your craft
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Leadbook is a global leader in business data for Asia.
Leadbook accelerates time to revenue by generating new prospects that look like your ideal customers. The Leadbook cloud-based B2B sales leads platform sits on the largest verified business database in Asia, with 15M+ companies and 60M+ executive contacts. Leadbook uses real-time enrichment and advanced predictive scoring to help companies find prospects and qualify them faster.
Join a highly motivated team of software engineers and data scientists to build an exciting new product.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Lead Data Engineer to accelerate the development of our sales lead and business data platform. If your interest is in creating interactive solutions while focusing on quality data then this is the right opportunity for you.
- Design, build, maintain and improve our existing/new web crawlers to achieve a systematic and regular data acquisition and cleaning framework
- Lead and manage a team of data engineers to routinely execute data acquisition tasks
- Create more/better ways to gather and organize relevant information
- Design, develop, and maintain our data infrastructure
- Optimization/modification of data flow/pipeline to handle 3Vs of big data (Volume, Velocity, Variety)
- Explore/learn new technologies that can complement or replace our current technology stack
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
We are looking for Doers and Creative Thinkers; someone that is not afraid to think out of the box and bring in unique ideas. Candidates will have direct contribution in promoting the product and making an impact immediately, along with having loads of opportunity to voice their opinions, be part of the execution and have loads of fun.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and equities for the best candidates.
The position is based in Manilla, Philippines.