Are you someone that wants to bring people together? Someone who thrives on the balance of business goals and users' needs? Are you looking to work with people who see failures as growth opportunities? We have good news for you.
Kumu is designing the future of social participatory experience for Filipinos all around the world. We're looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer who will find new and innovative ways to improve the Kumu experience. We are looking for an energetic, creative, and detail-oriented team member, who is not shy to ask questions and is eager to find ways to answer crucial concerns.
Product managers, engineers, UX designers, and UX researchers will be your companions during this ride. You’ll have the opportunity to flex your design skills, getting us even closer to our ultimate goal of designing a customer journey with a smooth and intuitive interaction experience. Your work will impact the millions of Kumu users who use our app daily and the thousands of creators whose livelihood depends on it.
About the Team
The Kumu UI/UX Design team is a small family of 8 designers (and growing!) who create products and services with one goal in mind: to design products that our users love. As with all startups, we launch, learn, and iterate quickly. We conduct design reviews weekly for our core product pillars and move FAST! In our free time, we love to binge watch anime and k-dramas, hang out with our cats, and hang out in virtual worlds (what’s up gather.townizens!)
What Excites Us
- Being a team player—this role will require close collaboration with fellow designers and cross-functional partners
- Ability to think strategically and with user empathy—we ground our solutions in what’s best for our users
- Humility and having a growth mindset—we believe in big ambitions but not big egos, and that feedback is a critical part of good design
- Strong organization and operations skills—you should have the ability to run your own process
- Systems thinking—you understand when to push the boundaries and when to keep things consistent
- At least 4 years of experience creating and shipping software
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating systems thinking, product design capabilities and experience conducting user research, defining customer journeys to test with users and drawing insights.
- Proficiency with industry standard tools for prototyping and visualizing your ideas. (We're big fans of Figma!)
- Experience working with design systems
- An understanding of product management, data, operations, marketing and branding processes and able to collaborate effectively with those teams
- Experience in qualitative research methods (i.e., in-depth interviews, focus group discussion, concept testing, moderated & unmoderated usability testing, heuristics evaluation) is a plus
- Interest or experience in aspects of brand design (graphic design, illustration, web design, copywriting, etc.) is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave