The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide by educating everyone on Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. They will inform those outside the Scrum Team on how to interact with the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps everyone change their interactions to maximize the efficiency of the Scrum Team. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Serve as Scrum Team member and facilitator of projects and feature development from inception to closure.
- Make use of a traditional or Agile methodology that encompasses a defined, systematic process for planning, directing, monitoring, adjusting, and controlling the series of related tasks that make up a project/program.
- Manage multiple projects that make up a program or large-scale project and be responsible for the success of the overall project/program.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (e.g., Sprint planning, Demos, Retrospectives, and Daily Scrums) and help teams adhere to the defined goals of each event.
- Promote teamwork and culture of accountability, and help guide the team in the effective Agile development and delivery practices.
- Remove any impediments to progress, facilitate meetings, and work with the Product Owner to make sure the Product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
- Lead Product Development Team to ensure successful solution delivery of a large enterprise product.
- Assist in mentoring and coaching of project execution as well as in establishing and implementing standards, processes, and procedures.
- Be an execution lead closely partnering with the Delivery Management, Product Management, Scrum masters, and Architect Teams of Agile release train.
- Establish program level cadence and drive program level ceremonies. (e.g., PI Planning, PI Demo, Scrum of Scrums, and Release Train Retrospectives)
- Work with other program leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the Program backlog.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to Kanban Teams and Scrum Masters.
- Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration.
- Be an escalation point for impediments for the Scrum Masters.
- All other duties assigned
- PMP and Scrum Master Certifications are a plus
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as Scrum Master
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily standups, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospectives ceremonies
- Use Agile metrics to track the team and release progress
- Ability to create and manage project and program schedules
- Demonstrated ability to manage on-time, within budget the delivery of complex projects in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive and work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to multitask and manage several on-going projects at various stages
- Exceptional ability to present concise and accurate information to team members, staff, peers, customers, and management
- Ability to act as the liaison between users/clients and the Project Team
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Skillful negotiator and problem solver
- Ability to work effectively within a team, resulting in on-time delivery
- Familiarity with G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, etc)
- Able to work on North American Hour shift (Pacific Time Zone)
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays