Healthcare Customer Support Intern
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 301, Unit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Our office is a venture builder that supports many businesses and startups in the healthcare and medical space. Our startups and partner offices deploy customer support-type teams in a variety of scenarios.
Learn the basics —and some of the nuanced fundamentals— of the American Healthcare (AHC) industry. Including:
- What “payers” are, and how they fit into the overall AHC space.
- How does concierge medicine fit into the evolving private medical practice segment of AHC?
- How does AHC differ from the healthcare industry in the Philippines?
- What roles does the American Medical Association (AMA) play in AHC? How is that different from the medical academies and societies in the Philippines?
- How do the two major code sets used in AHC— the ICD10 and CPT code sets— affect the way that medical providers get paid?
- Be a confident communicator; even as an intern-student, you’re expected to attend to your duties with confidence.
- Be a clear communicator; speak and write efficiently, with purpose, and be able to drive conversations when required— yes, even as an intern. You will be required to speak your mind and to air your ideas freely.
- Be tech savvy; don’t be a luddite. Take to new technologies and new ways of adapting/adopting new technologies well; have an open mind about new tech and new ways of doing things— especially in the vein of achieving higher efficiency/productivity.
- Be resourceful; be willing to look things up on your own, and have the ability to make nuanced judgment calls about when it’s prudent and efficient to look things up on your own, and when it’d just be easier/quicker to ask somebody.
- Be organized. Know where things are; have a system for arranging things at your workspace (online and offline). Have a system for communicating, for managing time and tasks, for managing relationships with other team members, employees at the office, and our business partners.
- Training or an education in healthcare or in the medical field is not a prerequisite for this internship program.
- Relationship Management
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Record Keeping
- Information Ordering
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Reasoning
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.