- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 301, Unit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full time
Katalyst.ph is a growing company and has ventured into the healthcare and medical sector with established businesses and new, dynamic startups. We are looking for very experienced, driven and self-motivated individuals that will work for us as Medical Billers that will assist us in calculating and collecting payments for medical services. The successful candidates will be assigned to different roles depending on their core strengths and proficiencies.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate will vary depending on the team (medical billing, patient charts, patient support, private practice management, payer revenue cycle management, etc.) he/she will be assigned:
- Provides support on a wide range of inpatient bases by helping them understand how their county health plans and health insurance benefits work.
- Communicates and supports patients through a variety of messaging platforms from VoIP to email, from instant messaging to social media.
- For the uninitiated, healthcare “payers” include anyone on the “paying side” that doesn’t include the “patient party itself.”
- In the case of a health plan, the patient party is usually the “member.”
- In the case of health insurance, the patient party “subscriber.”
- If the patient/subscriber/member is a minor, there is a “guarantor”- usually the parent or guardian responsible for the kid’s medical bills.
- Everyone else that’s tied into the financial support of this patient’s care (i.e. the health insurance company, the county health plan or state health program) is considered the “payer.” In medical billing work, you’ll be working and coordinating with payers—a lot.
- Provides support on various medical billing operations.
- Please do know that all the repetitive, manual work will eventually become automated. Intelligent automation is the key to achieving better outcomes, higher efficiency, and productivity quotients. This is why we constantly evaluate and assess all staff for technical aptitude to determine how adaptable they are to the increasing progress in technological development in the healthcare and medical sectors.
All successful candidates hired for the position are highly encouraged to:
- Attend training seminars, some are only available during the night shift as our partner training offices host these training seminars only on US Standard Time.
- Train in-house with a wide variety of healthcare productivity platforms: Kareo, Practice Fusion, GE Healthcare’s Centricity CPS, and other proprietary software suites.
He/she should perform other tasks as required by supervisor and management.
- Must be a BS Nursing graduate from any reputed universities and colleges. Preferably licensed, board passer, and/or registered nurse.
- Absolutely tech-savvy and proficient as the job requires you to use various proprietary software and platforms.
- Excellent communicator and good people skills since you will deal with a lot of people from different backgrounds. Of course, English proficiency needs to be excellent.
- Must be a dynamic multi-tasker to perform various tasks in ever-changing needs and priorities.
- Fast-learner, quick on their feet, and willing to be trained.
- If you know a little bit of programming and coding, that would be a big plus!
- Accurate and precise data management, entry, and encoding skills needed.
- Willing to work and relocate to Makati City.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Child Care Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Transportation Allowances
- Company Car
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
- Recruitment / Signing Bonus
- Complex Problem-Solving
- Problem Sensitivity
- Information Ordering
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Reasoning
Licenses and Certifications
- Social Sciences and BS Nursing
- Health Sciences
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- Health and Medical
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Unit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Information Technology / IT
- 300 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.