The Associate Chromium Developer's mission is to contribute to the development to the most efficient and fastest performing version of the the Chromium browser that we use at the office.
We have several forked verisons of the chromium core, each explicitly tailored to the department, team, or office that it was intended to serve.
As an Associate Chromium Developer, you will be expected to develop "extensions."
You will also be expected to dedicate a number of hours per pay cycle toward our office's advocacy of open source software, as well as training disadvantaged youth and young adults to code using widely available open source stacks.
- Our offices and partner organizations all use internal proprietary versions of the chromium core browser platform
- The associate developer will be working on the proprietary browser for our offices
- You must already have experience with chromium and developing for the open source browser core
- Note that this is not a training program and you will not be provided training on the job; you are expected to have a core, base understanding of how chromium works how to develop for the environemnt, platform, and conglomerate stack
- More than technical stock knowledge, we value soft skills; and basic soft skills such as collaboration, negotiation, diplomacy, will be heavily screened for via video interview
- Due to the proprietary nature of this work, a heavy security screening process will be entailed
- Interviews and aptitude tests will also screen for those that have long-term potential in contributing to this the Chromium Team at our office