Manager | Member Engagement and Events
- Makati, Philippines916 Arnaiz Ave Suite 301 Brgy San Lorenzo Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
The Manager, Member Engagement and Events, is to be the leader of MAIN’s member engagement and capacity building work, with responsibilities that extend from strategy through planning, management, and execution of member events.
MAIN is a not-for-profit whose funding comes entirely from its members. As such, the core of the role involves identifying, cultivating, engaging, and renewing members by producing high quality, relevant member events which build strong relationships with these individuals.
It is a fast-paced job with considerable opportunities for growth. The role may evolve over time to include other responsibilities as MAIN develops other capacity building models in addition to
The right candidate will be an outstanding relationship manager able to connect authentically
with many different kinds of people, including at the highest levels of business and government; an experienced project manager and team player; excited to be part of the future of the Philippines startup ecosystem.
The role will also support the Executive Director in (1) Promoting angel investing in
The Philippines, (2) Increasing the size and relevance of the group, (3) Identifying startups suitable for angel funding and (4) building partnerships with aligned supporting organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills, with an ability to champion the work of MAIN in both English and Filipino, and be comfortable with public speaking and facilitating group activities.
• An ability to connect with stakeholders from many different backgrounds, including at the highest levels of business and government.
• An entrepreneurial and innovative approach.
• Energy, initiative, creativity, and drive to manage own work programme with minimal supervision.
• Excellent task management and people management skills.
• Completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Advanced degrees are advantageous.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience, preferably in events management, investment management, professional services or in-house corporate development.
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Administration and Coordination
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 916 Arnaiz Ave Suite 301 Brgy San Lorenzo Makati City
- Information Technology / IT
- 250 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.