Systems Administrator Intern
- Makati, PhilippinesUnit 301, 916 Arnaiz Ave Suite 301 Brgy San Lorenzo Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Our office is looking for a young, driven and self-motivated Systems Administrator Intern who is interested in gaining valuable real-world work experience in information technology and systems administration. The successful candidate should ensure the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the computer systems, servers, and data security systems.
- Reports directly to the Systems Administrator.
- Helps in the management of all user accounts.
- Keeps all office computers and workstations in good working order by doing all the necessary maintenance and diagnostics checkups.
- Performs cable management, manages a backup line and network, and maintains a reliable network by checking weekly for possible outages.
- Assists in conducting orientation for onboarding employees on Asana, TSheets, and other platforms they must use at work.
- Checks and quarantines possible viruses, malware and other malicious programs.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusion by making sure security cameras and other peripherals are functional and online.
- Must be a graduating student from any reputed universities and colleges, preferably with Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Information Technology courses.
- School requirements: Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) from the academic institution, registration form, and School ID.
- Tech-savvy and proficient in using the following platforms: G Suite, Google Spreadsheet, Asana, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10 Pro, and Chrome OS.
- Familiar with standard operating procedures in corporate IT, particularly in the areas of security, networking, workstation management, etc.
- Knows how to work with open source systems, computer network systems, admin database, and systems security.
- Good background with managing systems such as:
- Managed services integration or applet experience using platforms such as IFTTT, Zapier, etc.
- Operating systems (Chrome OS, Linux, Unix, custom Android ROM, Chromium, Mac OS, Windows 10, etc.)
- Managed services, user management systems and related policies (G Suite, Office 365, Adobe Creative System, etc.)
- Other services and platforms (Squarespace, Asana, Slack, T Sheets, Quickbooks, Wix, etc.)
- Must be a dynamic multi-tasker to perform various tasks in ever-changing needs and priorities.
- Should have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast-learner, quick on their feet, and willing to be trained.
- Willing to work or relocate to Makati City.
- Network Administration
- Incident Management
- Computer Troubleshooting
- Computer System Administration
- Computer Science
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.