Senior/ Intermediate Front-End/ Full Stack Developers
- Makati, PhilippinesMakati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
We are looking for talented developers who love to create amazing web experiences to join one of New Zealand’s fastest-growing startups. We are helping over a million teachers and students eliminate printing and scanning and the associated costs and effort - so teachers can spend more of their time on achieving better learning outcomes for the next generation.
As an engineer for this forward-thinking startup, you will not be locked in the backroom implementing specs sheets - you’ll be talking to the customers/teachers who already love their product, and figuring out how to make it work even better for them. This position will suit an Engineer with a good product sense and is comfortable working relatively autonomously but who can also collaborate well both internally and externally.
With the majority of users based in the US, there may be occasional travel to attend conferences, trade shows and to visit schools using our software. So ideally you will relish the opportunity to travel and have no passport restrictions.
This role is based in their modern, open plan CBD offices in close proximity to a number of transport links.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to travel, be exposed to the newest technology and all whilst being part of a forward-thinking, down to earth tech start-up. If this sounds too good to be true then apply now and let's talk.
Note: This is remote work with potential re-location either in Makati City area or overseas.
Technical skills and experience required for the role are:
- (SPAs). Experience with frontend frameworks/libraries, e.g Angular, React.
- Strong product sense and ability to work with customers to design bespoke solutions
- Experience with developing high-performance front-end code, profiling with Chrome Developer tools.
- Appetite to learn new languages and technologies
- They adopt the latest tech fast, including Service Workers, Native Client, and real-time communication in our app (Most of their users are on evergreen browsers, so we get to use the new web technologies).
- This is primarily a front-end engineering position, however, they use Ruby, Java, Kubernetes (with GKE),
- PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch in the backend and experience with them is a bonus.
- Great communication and engagement skills
- Positive, passionate and collaborative approach
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.