Operations Manager - Commercial Banking
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) services several lines of businesses within JPMorgan Chase, including Business Banking, Global Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. The group consists of approximately 1,300 employees and is responsible for over $500 billion in loans outstanding.
WLS’s Chicago Loan Center is responsible for booking, funding and closing new loans, renewals, and amendments for syndicated and non-syndicated Commercial Loan products. The team also handles loan servicing processing such as loan research and maintenance, loan payments, advances and terminations. Collateral functions include loan documentation preparation, documentation review, releases, image scanning and documentation storage. Specialized functions include special credits processing, letters of credit and specialized loan and agency handling. Key loan systems used include Loan IQ and ACBS.
This position is responsible for providing leadership and managerial oversight for a team of approximately 13 FTE performing a variety of functions supporting transaction servicing for commercial loan products and services.
- Handles oversight and administrative functions for loan booking, funding, research and maintenance, payments, advances and terminations.
- Involved in setting direction, policies, and guidelines for the team.
- Establishes and implements risk control processes and operational business models.
- Monitors key performance indicators to ensure the servicing team is processing all daily transactions, clearing Nostro and Wire reports, meeting SLA’s and exceeding quality metrics.
- Ensures loan documentation, loan closings, loan files, audits, and operational risks are managed and conducted consistent with various LOB and bank policies as well as government regulations.
- Responsible for team member development, talent management and succession planning.
- Provides mentoring, training and assistance to new and existing team members.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of departmental procedures.
- Conducts team and individual meetings with staff members.
- Prepares and facilitates performance review discussions.
- Monitors sick/personal/vacation days of team members.
- Sets team performance standards using key metrics and monitors the team’s overall performance against goals set.
- Handles performance issues within the team.
- Recruits, interviews and recommends new hires.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years of management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally
- Strong ability to work quickly and accurately in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience managing team KPI’s and metrics
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of operations, loan accruals, GL transfers, clearing accounts
- Ability to effectively monitor risk, recognize potential client impacts and coach employees
- Strong understanding of team and client needs with ability to screen and hire effectively
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Free Lunch or Snacks
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.