- Install PC OS, Desktop software, and other related business software.
- Troubleshoot end-user desktop and hardware issues.
- Liaise with local network vendor / ISP for troubleshooting local network problems.
- Provide technical support to queries professionally and efficiently.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Adhere to all IT service management principles
- Take ownership of user problems, performing technical diagnosis, and fix the issue either remotely or on-site.
- Log all calls and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems.
- Manage the Asset tagging of the IT infrastructure and other equipment and furniture in the company.
- Support user/s by providing necessary training and advice.
- Arrange external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Produce statistics each month.
- Maintain user security on all systems as per company policy.
- Create and execute database backup and recovery policies.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure the integrity and performance of all databases.
- Repair and recover hardware or software failures.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports company infrastructure applications.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Manage security access to all database instances.
- Implement and configure third-party monitoring tools to proactively alert staff of problems or outages.
- Manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in a wide range of design activities.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring the following:
- All required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Recovery tapes or disks are created.
- Media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Research and evaluate new technology utilizing the current process.
- Confer with end-users about database security issues.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Support Management team in all IT-related projects and processes.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Preferably with 1-2 years of working experience in IT or Computer Network, System, Database Admin specialization, or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years of working experience in performing System Administration functions.
- Working technical knowledge of all application systems and related hardware phases.
- Understanding of server applications, with specialized technical knowledge in server deployments and implementation.
- Experience in handling firewalls.
- Handled network projects involving servers, managed switches, gigabit routers, and related software.
- Knowledge in a collection of hardware components and computers and their interconnections with communication channels that allow sharing of resources and information.
- An experience in capacity planning and management of all database systems.
- Worked in a customer service support environment and can work under a fair amount of pressure.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About iStaff Solutions
At iStaff, it is our business to make your business work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We are an offshore solutions provider that not only supplies you with the highly qualified professionals you need to get your projects going, but also supports you throughout the duration of the partnership. From short-term project-based engagements to full-term staff leasing services, we are fully capable of helping you bring your plans out of the drawing board and making them convert for you as soon as possible
Our experienced and highly skilled professionals include SEO Specialists, Programmers, Web Designers, Writers, Link Builders, Virtual Assistants and Support Staff among many others—all available for significantly lower costs than their local counterparts. Our packages are specially developed to be simple and responsive to your needs. We also have sharp, experienced managers who will closely supervise your staff and see to it that they provide you with deliverables on time and under preset parameters.
We’ll take care of your business like it’s our own and provide your staff with only the best tools, equipment and support to ensure that your expectations are consistently met. Aside from lower operational costs, you can also enjoy the advantages of enhanced efficiency, greater productivity and overall better results when you choose to work with iStaff. We are located in the Philippines, in the heart of a booming outsourcing industry where the rich talent pool is currently harnessed by small, medium and multinational businesses from the US, Europe and other parts of the globe.
It’s time to break your shackles and reach for new milestones in your business. Allow us to help you by working with iStaff today.