Database Administrator Lead
- Pasig, Philippines39F, One San Miguel Avenue Building, One San Miguel, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Pasig, NCR, PhilippinesPasigNCRPhilippines
- Full time
Leads and manages a high performing team
- Holds team members accountable with clear objectives, KPI’s, policies and procedures.
- Drives high performance in the team through managing and coaching the team and providing quality feedback.
- Develops talent and then recognizes and rewards performance, helps with the recruitment process.
- Identifies training and development needs and help with the upskilling.
- Improve team engagement and drive motivation, governance and accountability.
- Acts as an escalation for resolutions and liaise with Service Desk on a 24/7 basis to resolve escalated issues and manage after hours and weekend support.
Continuity, Security and Risk
- Establish and maintain Business continuity framework and disaster recovery plans which ensures procedures and documentation are in place which ensures required RTO and RPO agreements are met for each service.
Projects and BAU
- Managing the ongoing services and environments to meet the changing business needs and change in technology.
- Collaboration across multi-disciplines internally and external partners to ensure ongoing delivery to meet business needs and agreed SLAs.
- Formal reporting on the performance of the DBA team and services provided by the team.
- Develop/Improve/Utilise process towards continuous improvement.
- Ongoing management of change following service and governance frameworks.
- Ensure you maintain a high level view of the production environment while working on projects or BAU tasks and how these impacts quality assurance, system stability, scalability, compliance and other industry best practises.
Who are we and what else do you need to know:
We’re more than media monitors.
We’re creating real data intelligence.
Information without insight is noise. Insight without action is useless. That’s why we’ve reinvented media intelligence – to make it more than a measurement tool or frame of reference, but a go-to resource in developing our clients’ business strategies.
Isentia blends market-leading monitoring experience with analytics to help the world’s biggest brands and organisations uncover the whole picture – and act on it. Powered by cutting-edge technology and a team of world class experts, our mission is to help businesses leap-forward where only genuine insight can take them.
We offer an opportunity to work with a great team of talented, innovative and passionate people across the Asia-Pacific and access to our innovative search technology, comprehensive coverage and expert research. We also offer competitive salary and a heap of benefits.
- Degree qualified in IT, ITIL OR relevant Industry Certs
- 8+ years' experience working with Microsoft SQL and exposure to Mongo/NoSQL/Elastic Search a bonus
- Solid experience in enterprise Database Administration for SQL Server 2000, 2008 and 2012, including SSRS/SSIS/SSAS (Install, configure, document, monitor and manage)
- Experience supporting mission critical, highly available and highly resilient systems
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Proficient in management of service continuity measures (clusters, backups, restores, DR (Replication, Log-shipping, mirroring etc)
- Excellent at providing root cause analysis
- Experience working with large highly transactional DB’s (resource contention, monitoring tools, query optimization, sql full text search, upgrades and patching)
- “big data” and analysis experience
- Experience in public cloud technologies (AWS/AZURE) and scripting desirable
- Experience with Mongo DB or MySQL will be highly regarded
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Network Administration
- Computer Networking
- Technical Support
- Microsoft / MS Access
- Computer System Administration
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 39F, One San Miguel Avenue Building, One San Miguel, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Pasig, NCR, Philippines
- Media Intelligence
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.