A Customer Experience Team Lead's missions are to:
- Provide high-quality customer service to customers to ensure a smooth flow of inquiries and complaints through effectively managing a team made up of customer service agents.
- To motivate, coach, inspire, train and direct the customer service team on the best ways and approach to relating to customers as they attend to their needs.
- Assist management with hiring new customer service staff to the organization by making use of his/her expertise to evaluate prospective staff competence and capability in handling customer inquiries and needs.
- Give constant direction to team members to ensure that all customer inquiries are rightfully attended to on time and in the best way possible to give them satisfaction.
- Give detailed statistical feedback on the performance of team members to the management for staff evaluation and reward purposes.
- Observe the performance of team members to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide assistance to team members who are experiencing difficulties in the discharge of their duties by giving them personal coaching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer tickets correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented customer service department.
- Daily performance management of the team, following up on tickets quality and quantity.
- Escalation of customer service team issues to the right channels and communicate any KPI changes to the teams.
- Conduct weekly /monthly performance reviews with the team and share reports with the CX Management.
- Plan agents shifts and ensure agents adhere to their shifts schedules to ensure we don’t have any backlog.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively on customer tickets on a timely basis to minimize the average resolution time.
- Manage customer disputes and complaints on time through the agreed channels / processes and procedures.
- Daily, Weekly and monthly reporting to CX Senior Manager on customer service work progress.
- Participate in team planning meetings.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics (First reply time, Customer satisfaction and data Quality).
- Collect critical customer feedback information for sharing with business to help improve on the product.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Customer Service Department.
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle late and delinquent customers.
- Good work ethic and a team player.
- Fast at typing and working in modern web technology.
- Fast at learning new systems and processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity at work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented.
- Commitment to best-in-class customer experience delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Great facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- High Volume emails, chats, tickets experience a plus.
- Six Sigma and Agile experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
- 3-years experience handling non-voice customer experience teams (email & chat)
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Transportation Allowances
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
- Stock Options
- Problem Sensitivity
- Email Support
- Chat Support
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.