Copy Editor | Cebu
- Cebu City, PhilippinesKaohsiung St. cor. S. Osmena Road, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Cebu City, Central Visayas, PhilippinesCebu CityCentral VisayasPhilippines
- Full time
- Processes breaking news filed by reporters, sent by Central Desk, from the wires, and stories monitored from TV, radio, social media and other websites.
- Handles channel/s on the site, breaks and edits stories meant for the assigned channel/s. Ensures accuracy of details in stories as well as correctness in grammar and spelling.
- Enhances assigned channel/s content with related reports, videos, infographics, links and other tools that will engage readers.
- Coordinates with Inquirer.net Tech unit to ensure that all the links on the entire site are functioning.
- College graduate, preferably major in Journalism
- At least 1-2 years experience as editor for a news organization or in a related job
- Must have excellent computer skills, communication skills, writing skills
- Must be able to thrive working in a virtual/remote coordination environment
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Performance Bonus
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Kaohsiung St. cor. S. Osmena Road, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
- Online Publishing
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.