- Processes breaking news filed by reporters from CDN Digital and all other INQUIRER.net news desks, sent by Central Desk, from the wires, and stories monitored from TV, radio, social media and other websites.
- Handles channel/s on the site, breaks and edits stories meant for the assigned channel/s.
- Ensures accuracy of details in stories as well as correctness in grammar and spelling.
- Checks the quality of posts and ensuring they adhere to the INQUIRER.net editorial style guide.
- Uploads, publishes, and manages multimedia content using the Content Management System (CMS).
- Enhances assigned channel/s content with related reports, videos, infographics, links and other tools that will engage readers.
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- College graduate, preferably major in Journalism
- At least 1-2 years experience as editor for a news organization or in a related job
- Computer skills, Communication skills, Writing skills
- Copy Editing
- Total Quality Management
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Content Marketing
About Inquirer Interactive Inc.
INQUIRER.net is the official news website and member of the Inquirer Group of Companies that includes the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Hinge Inquirer Publications, Cebu Daily News, Inquirer LIBRE, Bandera, INQUIRER.net, Megamobile Inquirer, Print Town, DZIQ 990AM Radyo Inquirer and DAG. It features 24/7 breaking news, the latest on local and international issues and events, and compelling commentaries on Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Lifestyle, Business, and Technology. It also features Global Nation for OFWs who want to know more about the latest from the Philippines. INQUIRER.net offers multimedia features, easy channel navigation, strong social media presence and numerous engagement platforms that allow the readers to experience and be part of the news no matter where they are.