- Processes breaking news filed by reporters, sent by Central Desk, from the wires, and stories monitored from TV, radio, social media and other websites.
- Handles channel/s on the site, breaks and edits stories meant for the assigned channel/s. Ensures accuracy of details in stories as well as correctness in grammar and spelling.
- Enhances assigned channel/s content with related reports, videos, infographics, links and other tools that will engage readers.
- Coordinates with Inquirer.net Tech unit to ensure that all the links on the entire site are functioning.
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- College graduate, preferably major in Journalism
- At least 2 years work experience as Editor for news organizations or in related jobs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly energetic, motivated, and can work with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with latest internet trends and technologies
- Willing to work on a shifting schedule
- Updated on current events in various fields – news, business, lifestyle, entertainment, sports
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.