Planet Grapes, an upscale wine shop/wine bar where street food meets wine is looking for commis to work in their kitchen.
As one of our "cookies", you will be tasked to:
- Report directly to the CDP
- Manage station assigned to him/her. Make sure mis en place adheres to standards and par stocks are maintained. Mis en place and food products assigned to his/her station are of his/her responsibility. Stations being:
- Keep his/her station well-organized.
- Help keep stations clean.
- Cook the line and do prep work. Make sure to produce good quality food all the time.
- Adhere to HACCP and food safety standards.
- Adhere to kitchen standards and recipes.
- Help in maintaining FC and overhead expenses low by minimizing spoilages and waste, and making sure to turn of equipment not being used.
- Make sure to take care of kitchen equipment and be responsible for any damage he/she inflicts on any equipment.
- Know how to receive stocks and make sure they are of good quality.
- Report any spoilage or loss to CDP/ Executive Chef/ Managing Chef
- Attend kitchen service meetings.
- A College/Culinary graduate and has at least 1 year of cooking experience;
- OR must have at least 3-5 years experience cooking in a reputable establishment;
- Knows basic kitchen terminology and ingredients;
- Possesses good knife skills;
- Must be willing to work in Pasig/Taguig area;
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Continuous learning and career development
- Monthly product allowance
- Attendance incentives
- Certificate in Culinary Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Hotel, Restaurant & Institution Management [Culinary Arts Track]
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Skilled Trade
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- 2/F Topy's Place #3, Economia St. Cor. Calle Industria, Bgy. Bagumbayan, Libis, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Retail Industry
- 5 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.