This position required to provide coaching and guidance to all Retouchers, and creatively retouch images from supplied design briefs to a very high standard and consistency. The work required will include adjusting contrast, colour correction, creating complex image compositions, adding finishing touches to images, photos, and realistic 3D renderings, colour conversions of products and cleaning up blemishes, dust or scratches
- Coaches retoucher before the start of each project and estimate the timings.
- Manages workload for all retouchers in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Creates clipping path, cleaning up blemishes, dust and scratches, retouching out unneccssary photography setup things;
- Multiple images composition, contrast adjustment, colour matched with color sample or reference, and execute client's comments and direction.
- Converts images received into color correct, production ready images for use in any media environment. This includes converting and accurately matching RGB, CMYK or special colours.
- Manages multi layered PSD's containing multiple Layer sets and file management.
- Ensures Line and Traffic Managers are kept informed of the progress of the jobs they are working on, and any impact there is to the production plan.
- Ensures that all images produced and proofed are correct and reviewed in accordance to the quality procedure.
- Adheres to all reporting processes set up with this department.
- Provides trainings and technical assistance to all retouchers.
- Provides the timings spent and updating progress on each projects.
- Produces colour accurate proofs for client’s approval.
- Ensures all quality control procedures are adhered to and all relevant documents are completed.
- Performs other task as assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in packaging graphics field, with exposure in retouching is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge in the following:
- Other Asian languages / European languages is a plus but not essential.
- 3D rendering will be an advantage but not essential.
- Proficient in Photoshop (CS6 or above) and related Adobe suite applications;
- Has skills in the following:
- Time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- English communication
- Has the following traits:
- Work under pressure and meet the tentative schedule
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility
- Hardworking and willing to work overtime during peak season
- Work well as a team leader or as an individual contributor would be an advantage
- Able to manage colour profiles according to print requirements;
- Detail oriented
- Well organized and able to maintain high accuracy on his/her own work
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Adobe Lightroom
- Creative Thinking
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign