HSSEQ Manager/Designated Person Ashore
- Makati, Philippines7F V Corporate Centre, 125 LP Leviste St., Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Höegh Autoliners is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
If that sounds like the type of team you want to join, we can’t wait to meet you!
A Little About Us
Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates approx. 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.
- As the HSSEQ Manager/Designated Person Ashore, you have an overall responsibility for the management and development of the Occupational Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality activities within Höegh Technical Management Inc. (HTMI).
- Ensure Compliance with:
- HTM policy, mandate, vision and values
- Requirements from relevant business units
- HTM Management System
- Relevant national and international rules and regulations
- Recruitment, Development and Management of personnel within the HSSEQ department.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure safe operation of HTM managed ships and compliance with all relevant instructions, rules and regulations.
- Position as Top Management’s representative in ISO 14001 terms. Perform ISM/ISPS audits onboard HTM managed vessels
- Responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, maintenance, control and continuous improvement of the HTM Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) This includes:
- Motivation of employees
- Ensure compliance, including the ISM Code, ISPS and ISO 14001
- Audit system with planning, execution, reporting and follow up
- Improvement reporting system.
- Ensure monitoring of new rules and regulations
- Assist Head of Ship Management, HTM Management Group and relevant business units in all matters concerning the above and related matters.
- Develop relevant documents in SEMS to ensure updated and relevant instructions and procedures for the HSSEQ activity.
- Ensure that HTM has updated knowledge and competence on relevant laws, rules and regulations with regard to management of ships, including safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life and avoidance of damage to the environment.
- Optimise utilisation, development and performance of all personnel in the department.
- Responsible within the department in case of accidents, incidents, illnesses and P&I cases.
- Actively lead by example, in accordance with the Company’s Leadership Principles
- Nurture a strong Safety Awareness culture within the department and actively contribute to the same in the business unit.
- Day-to-day management and development of the HSSEQ team. Ensuring correct competence and capabilities within the team.
- Provide input and facilitate succession planning within the Business Area.
- Previous experience as Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
- Previous experience as Master of the Ship or any management level role in seafaring career
- Have a genuine interest in HSSEQ work
- Have experience from ISM related work, including audits.
- Have experience within document control and document handling
- Have excellent understanding of inter-human relations and cultural awareness
- Have experience with Filipino and Chinese crewed vessels
- Have leadership experience
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Höegh Autoliners Regional Operating Headquarter
Höegh Autoliners Company Profile Höegh Autoliners is a leading global provider of transportation and logistics services within the Roll-on Roll-off (Ro/Ro) segment. Our fleet of Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) sailing in global trade systems combined with our local presence enable us to cater for the specific needs of each customer.
What we do We offer our customers safe and secure deep sea transportation of Ro/Ro cargo such as cars, high and heavy machinery and breakbulk. Each year, we transport around two million car equivalent units (ceu) as well as other rolling and static cargo. We have experience with a wide variety of cargo and will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the service you and your cargo require. We also offer logistics services mostly through joint ventures where we have invested in terminals and short sea as well as land-based logistics solutions. This cooperation between companies in the supply chain provides our customers with efficient and flexible cargo handling.
Ownership Höegh Autoliners Holdings AS is a Norwegian company owned by two shareholders: Leif Höegh & Co. Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61.25 per cent) and A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S (38.75 per cent).
Organisation Our corporate head office is located in Oslo, Norway but we employ approximately 400 people from 30 nationalities who are working out of 20 offices around the globe. We are organised in four geographical regions, each with its own Regional Head Office. In addition we employ 1200 seafarers, mainly from the Philippines and China, through our ship management company Höegh Wallem.
Our vessels Höegh Autoliners operates a fleet of owned and long-term charter PCTCs with capacity ranging from 2 300 to 8 500 ceu. Over the last five years our fleet has undergone a renewal, with many old vessels being phased out and new being built or chartered in. Today the average age of our fleet is around 10 years.
The World’s largest PCTC In 2015, we took delivery of two in a series of six Post-Panamax vessels in the New Horizon design. The remaining four will be delivered during 2016. The New Horizon is the world’s largest PCTC with 14 decks, covering an area of 71 400 m² - the same area as 10 soccer fields - and a carrying capacity of 8 500 ceu. With a 375 tonne capacity stern ramp, 22 tonne capacity side ramp, 6.5 meter height on the main deck and five hoistable decks, this new design provides more operational flexibility. Enhanced flexibility, larger capacity and optimised hull and energy efficiency reduce the vessel’s environmental impact and ensure a better service to our customers.