BI & Analytics Specialist
- Makati, Philippines7F V Corporate Centre, 125 LP Leviste St., Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Höegh Autoliners is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
If that sounds like the type of team you want to join, we can’t wait to meet you!
A Little About Us
Höegh Autoliners is a global leader in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services. The company owns and operates approx. 50 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 20 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. Höegh Autoliners is also a leading carrier of second-hand vehicles.
A Lot About You
You are a talented BI & Analytics Specialist and have worked extensively with Datawarehouse management, Business Intelligence and analytics. You will be responsible for managing the enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence and operational reporting. This includes continuously driving and leading the architecture and technology road map for the DWH, BI and analytics reporting. You are passionate about developing a set of capabilities, including people, processes and technology, to enable the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis and new insights as foundation for innovation.
Data governance and quality assurance are important to you and you have the tools and experience to ensure this. You thrive working with an integrated team of smart, talented business domain experts and IT engineers. You are someone who is detail-oriented, enjoys challenging work, and is curious and driven. You can help us take our Analytics, BI and Data warehouse to the next level.
You will directly report to the IT Team Manager and Application Enterprise Architect.
- The design, development, implementation, management and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environments
- Interact with business users to understand their needs for insight and prepare appropriate dashboards and reports.
- Business Intelligence & Reporting: Develop a set of capabilities, including people, processes and technology, to enable the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for the purpose of business analysis
- Data Architecture: Manage the business’ databases, including the technology, the governance processes and the people that manage them. Establish the principles, policies, and guidelines relevant to the effective use of data within the organization
- Data Quality: Put policies, processes and capabilities in place to ensure that appropriate targets for data quality are set and achieved to match the needs of the business.
- Further develop and improve the BI architecture and stack seeking always to improve insights and reduce costs of the stack.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required
- More than seven (7) years of IT industry experience with the ability to model information architecture
- Extensive expertise in managing the Oracle BI platform
- Continued learning of industry standards and trends in Analytics, BI and DWH
- Strong background in Enterprise Data Warehouse and BI architecture
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (Oracle and SQL Server, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
Nice to have
- Expertise in data modelling, both logical and physical.
- Knowledge of multidimensional data modelling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes
- Knowledge of statistical tools and languages (Python, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Big data analytics tools (NodeXL, WolframAlfa, Tableau Public, etc.)
What Höegh can offer you
The BI & Analytics Specialist will be a key member in the IT Application team. You will also be actively working with other business domain experts and IT teams like Development and Application Support. This is a great opportunity for you to further develop and enhance the data and analytics domain in our company. It is also a chance to work actively with new technologies and learn on the job.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Höegh Autoliners Regional Operating Headquarter
Höegh Autoliners Company Profile Höegh Autoliners is a leading global provider of transportation and logistics services within the Roll-on Roll-off (Ro/Ro) segment. Our fleet of Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) sailing in global trade systems combined with our local presence enable us to cater for the specific needs of each customer.
What we do We offer our customers safe and secure deep sea transportation of Ro/Ro cargo such as cars, high and heavy machinery and breakbulk. Each year, we transport around two million car equivalent units (ceu) as well as other rolling and static cargo. We have experience with a wide variety of cargo and will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the service you and your cargo require. We also offer logistics services mostly through joint ventures where we have invested in terminals and short sea as well as land-based logistics solutions. This cooperation between companies in the supply chain provides our customers with efficient and flexible cargo handling.
Ownership Höegh Autoliners Holdings AS is a Norwegian company owned by two shareholders: Leif Höegh & Co. Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61.25 per cent) and A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S (38.75 per cent).
Organisation Our corporate head office is located in Oslo, Norway but we employ approximately 400 people from 30 nationalities who are working out of 20 offices around the globe. We are organised in four geographical regions, each with its own Regional Head Office. In addition we employ 1200 seafarers, mainly from the Philippines and China, through our ship management company Höegh Wallem.
Our vessels Höegh Autoliners operates a fleet of owned and long-term charter PCTCs with capacity ranging from 2 300 to 8 500 ceu. Over the last five years our fleet has undergone a renewal, with many old vessels being phased out and new being built or chartered in. Today the average age of our fleet is around 10 years.
The World’s largest PCTC In 2015, we took delivery of two in a series of six Post-Panamax vessels in the New Horizon design. The remaining four will be delivered during 2016. The New Horizon is the world’s largest PCTC with 14 decks, covering an area of 71 400 m² - the same area as 10 soccer fields - and a carrying capacity of 8 500 ceu. With a 375 tonne capacity stern ramp, 22 tonne capacity side ramp, 6.5 meter height on the main deck and five hoistable decks, this new design provides more operational flexibility. Enhanced flexibility, larger capacity and optimised hull and energy efficiency reduce the vessel’s environmental impact and ensure a better service to our customers.