• Assists the Competence Assurance Team Lead in the implementation of the competence assurance system
• Monitor competence level of seafarers against the competence matrix;
• Ensure high quality supported assessment based programs and training courses are in accordance with HFSP standards and principal requirements;
• Endorses seafarers to in-house and sourced out competence programs, and liaise with concerned parties for effective execution of the training plans;
• Facilitate HFSP in-house training courses and seminars as an instructor
• Ensures that competence related activities, training plans and certificates are encoded in the OCS in a timely manner as per Training Matrix
• Assist in evaluating the performance of training centers to ensure they conform to HFSP standards and principal requirements;
• Issues competence certificates on in-house training courses & seminars to HFSP seafarers;
• Prepares a list of trainees, conference participants as well as loyalty awardees and invite them promptly as planned;
• In cooperation with accounting/crew cost, monitors the training activities as per training budget;
• Liaise with Höegh Fleet Services China and other third-party customer/s for training-related arrangements for foreign crew
Education and Experience:
- Holds a Bachelor's degree in Marine Transportation or Marine Engineering
- Have experience working as Shipboard/Officer in Charge of Naval/Marine Engineering Watch
- Excellent MS Office/Windows skills
- Preferably has a background in using OCS
- Good to Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Pro-active on researching information
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Höegh Autoliners Regional Operating Headquarter
Höegh Autoliners Company Profile Höegh Autoliners is a leading global provider of transportation and logistics services within the Roll-on Roll-off (Ro/Ro) segment. Our fleet of Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) sailing in global trade systems combined with our local presence enable us to cater for the specific needs of each customer.
What we do We offer our customers safe and secure deep sea transportation of Ro/Ro cargo such as cars, high and heavy machinery and breakbulk. Each year, we transport around two million car equivalent units (ceu) as well as other rolling and static cargo. We have experience with a wide variety of cargo and will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the service you and your cargo require. We also offer logistics services mostly through joint ventures where we have invested in terminals and short sea as well as land-based logistics solutions. This cooperation between companies in the supply chain provides our customers with efficient and flexible cargo handling.
Ownership Höegh Autoliners Holdings AS is a Norwegian company owned by two shareholders: Leif Höegh & Co. Holdings AS as majority shareholder (61.25 per cent) and A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S (38.75 per cent).
Organisation Our corporate head office is located in Oslo, Norway but we employ approximately 400 people from 30 nationalities who are working out of 20 offices around the globe. We are organised in four geographical regions, each with its own Regional Head Office. In addition we employ 1200 seafarers, mainly from the Philippines and China, through our ship management company Höegh Wallem.
Our vessels Höegh Autoliners operates a fleet of owned and long-term charter PCTCs with capacity ranging from 2 300 to 8 500 ceu. Over the last five years our fleet has undergone a renewal, with many old vessels being phased out and new being built or chartered in. Today the average age of our fleet is around 10 years.
The World’s largest PCTC In 2015, we took delivery of two in a series of six Post-Panamax vessels in the New Horizon design. The remaining four will be delivered during 2016. The New Horizon is the world’s largest PCTC with 14 decks, covering an area of 71 400 m² - the same area as 10 soccer fields - and a carrying capacity of 8 500 ceu. With a 375 tonne capacity stern ramp, 22 tonne capacity side ramp, 6.5 meter height on the main deck and five hoistable decks, this new design provides more operational flexibility. Enhanced flexibility, larger capacity and optimised hull and energy efficiency reduce the vessel’s environmental impact and ensure a better service to our customers.