Assistant Legal Counsel
- Makati, Philippines12th Floor Wilcon IT Hub Building 2251, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Provides legal assistance and supports country operations, administration, HR and verticals on matters related to commercial contracts, litigation, corporate exercises, services agreements, regulatory and employment.
- Works with regional and country teams on country-specific projects such as the formulation of policies, procedures and on issues of governance where concerns are raised.
- Supports legal department on compliance with various country legal requirements.
- Involvement in the drafting, review, interpretation and vetting of operational contractual documents.
- Manages external and internal legal resources where required.
- Assists in efforts to ensure that the business remains in compliance with the applicable legislations.
- Conducts research on case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company.
- Providing accurate and strategic legal advice to country senior management and the Regional Legal team, as required.
- Evaluating and weighing multiple inputs and impacts of decisions undertaken and course of action.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects end to end.
- Comfortable with gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts.
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to the changing landscape of the industry.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
- Handle multiple issues in “Grab Pace”
- Background in industries that Grab is operating in shall be considered
- Keep track of Legal operating budget
- To provide support to the team in order to achieve targets
- To manage senior management’s expectation on work undertaken
- A recognized Degree in Law.
- Qualified to practise in the country.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a law firm.
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years legal experience
- Has experience in corporate commercial drafting and corporate restructuring
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 12th Floor Wilcon IT Hub Building 2251, Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.