Java Developer | Micro services
- Quezon City, Philippines10F, IBM Plaza Bldg. Eastwood City, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Who are we?
goFLUENT accelerates language learning by delivering hyper-personalized solutions that blend technology, content, and human interaction available globally on any device.
Our goal is to provide everyone an equal voice by giving everyone access to language improvement which builds confidence, empowers people's careers and transforms lives.
If you believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to conduct business and casual conversations with other language speakers without feeling inferior, join us on our mission!
Working @ goFLUENT IT department
We look for employees who are smart, energetic, and driven to action and are willing to be based in our Eastwood office in Quezon City.
We embrace Agile methodology and project management practices are deeply ingrained in the team’s work. This means that expertise, innovation, and accountability are important.
Members are viewed as tech leaders and are responsible for communicating change and challenging the efficiency of our IT infrastructure.
Project management practices are deeply ingrained in the team’s work. As a result, software engineers are encouraged to share opinions and provide other perspectives to discussions and developments.
Diversity is valued in the team. You will meet hikers, marathoners, chefs, backpackers, and more who all share the same passion for coding.
Challenges of your role
At goFLUENT, we face some of the most challenging and interesting problems in the language training industry. Every year, we train hundreds of thousands of learners anytime and anywhere. We use the latest technologies to offer our learners the best online learning experience through our desktop and mobile portals.
As a Java Microservices developer, you will be integrating and creating cutting-edge SAAS learning solutions.
If scale and complexity excite you, join our cool and dynamic environment!
What You’ll Do
You’ll design, architect and implement new features, modules or application components that support and integrate with the existing applications and on existing platform and infrastructure
Armed with the latest technology such as microservices, datastream, nosql, you will be bringing ideas to life. Your primary goal is to design and deliver best in class learning solutions in collaboration with our team of International Project Managers.
You’ll be working with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to craft technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
You will raise the bar, in all things IT dev, from code development to code deployment.
The architecture you ‘ll participate to build will allow goFLUENT SAAS solutions to move toward machine learning, AI .. and propose more deep learning experience to our customers.
Your implementation of good practices will allow goFLUENT SAAS ecosystem to be more scalable, reliable, and sustainable - constantly surpassing competitors through new technologies.
As the creative technologist, you will transform problems to opportunities for innovation. Coding is a passion and not just a job.
What You’ll Need
- Preferably with 5+ years of software/architecture and development experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience with microservice architectures including ability to manage APIs exposing microservices
Literacy in the following are necessary:
- Spring Boot, Spring Data, Hibernate
- Microservices, Kubernetes, Kafka
- SQL (MySQL, Postgres, MSSql) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis etc.)
- JDK 8 or 9, Design Patterns
- Unit Testing (JUnit, Mockito etc.)
- A good knowledge on CI/CD and Devops principles
- A proper understanding of BigData and data collection principle ( data streaming, data lake … with technologies such as Kafka, Sparks, HDFS …)
- A passion for delivering high quality, stable, performant code
- A "can do" attitude and the ability to work on problems by thinking positively and in a collaborative manner
- Candidates must be willing to work in Eastwood City Libis Quezon City.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Information Technology
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 10F, IBM Plaza Bldg. Eastwood City, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Distance English Training
- 2 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.