- Makati, Philippines444 EDSA, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 18,000.00 - 21,000.00 PHP / monthPHP18,000.0021,000.0018,000.00MONTH
- Full time
The Accounting Associate is primarily responsible for the monitoring and recording of payments related to tuition and other school fees due from students as well as receivables from other fund sources.
- Performs job functions consistent with the vision and mission statements and the values of the institution.
- Prepares and posts entries on subsidiary ledgers for collections from the students.
- Prepares, issues, and follows up statements of student accounts on a regular basis.
- Assists in the preparation of summary of receivables on a semestral basis.
- Undertakes adjustment entries on student accounts in instances of payment through invalid checks.
- Reconciles the total of subsidiary ledger with control accounts.
- Attends to students’ / parents’ inquiries related to tuition and other accounts.
- Assists in the monthly closing of the books and in the preparation of accounting reports and schedules.
- Undertakes the assessment of fees due from students; Encodes, prints, and issues to students / parents individual assessment forms for enrollment purposes.
- Prepares schedule of tuition discounts availed of by employees, academic and non-academic scholars for recording in the journal vouchers.
- Prepares and issues examination permit upon verification of payment of accounts due from students.
- Prepares a report on the total tuition / miscellaneous fee discounts for scholars for proper recording in the general ledger.
- Prepares an analysis of level and aging of accounts receivables related to tuition and other students’ fees and submits other required reports and schedules.
- Records payment of student accounts paid through the banks.
- Coordinates with the records assistants of the Registrar’s office to ensure that no clearances are released to students prior to settlement of all outstanding accounts.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities analogous, germane or related to and/or implied from the above enumeration of duties and responsibilities.
Highly skilled in providing prompt and friendly service to internal and external customers.
Profound ability to collect payments, operate cash register and maintain cash drawer.
Well versed in performing cash and credit/debit/gift card transactions, and giving and receiving change.
Detail-oriented with the ability to accurately scan and bag all merchandise.
Able to maintain a clean, neat and correctly stocked check-out counter and work area.
High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Outstanding work ethic and integrity.
Willing to learn new technology and software applications.
Effective in maintaining confidentiality of records and data.
Able to work collaboratively to attain and exceed common goals.
Strong analytical and planning skills.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Performance Bonus
- Auditing and Compliance
- Analyzing Data
- Attention to Detail
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accounting Technology
- Banking & Finance
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 444 EDSA, Makati City, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Higher Education / Academia
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.