- Establishes occupational safety and health, environment, quality and risk management system.
- Conducts periodic internal reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are being followed.
- Conducts or direct the internal investigation of government and audit compliance issues.
- Assesses product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Conducts environmental, safety and health audits to ensure adherence to standards mandated by the government.
- Disseminates written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Ensures that filing of appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies is being conducted without fail.
- Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Consults with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Advises internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Manages the whole team composed of safety officers, pollution control officers and security agencies on sites.
- Establishes and manage the Health, Safety and Environment Committee.
- Spearheads Health, Safety and Environmental campaigns for the organization.
- Spearheads Aspect and Impact and Risk assessments.
- Be aware and manage the risks inherent to security, safety, environment in all sites.
- Prepares management reports regarding compliance operations and progress. Report compliance violations and conduct risk assessments and provide suggestions / recommendations on mitigating the impacts of these risks and threats.
- Keeps informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Reviews or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to environmental, quality, risk, health and safety standards or regulations.
- Spearheads RS Audit compliance of the organization in terms of health, safety and environment, and other compliance as may be applicable.
- Performs any other task that may be assigned by your immediate head from time to time.
- Helps the management in achieving company goals, directives and initiatives.
- BS Engineering, Business Management/ Administration
- Has an experience of 1-5 years
- Has significant latitude to make decisions in the operational functions in consultation with Chief Executive Officer.
- Frequent internal contacts with the Maintenance and Project Construction team, Production team, Admin and human resources department, Consultants and Site Owners
- Adequate knowledge of detergent/sulphonation industry and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Knowledgeable in safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Team working skills
- Leading by example
- Influencing and learning from below
- Sense of humility
- Accountability creation
- Developing trust
- Stretch goals
- Empowering direct reports
- Continuous improvement
- Change implementor.
- License is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Single Parent Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
About GJH Sercons, Inc.
Since 2020, GJH SERCONS INC. has brought employers and job seekers together with results that speak for themselves! Our experiences, powerful insights, proven deliveries, and attention to detail enable us to identify and provide human resource solutions across a broad range of industries. GJH SERCONS INC. takes pride in its extensive experience in providing employment targeting the various fields of expertise such as Accounting, Purchasing, Human Resources, Administrative, Legal, IT, Audit, Production, Engineering, Project and Maintenance, Logistics, and Trucking Industries. We have been making mutually beneficial matches between job seekers and our corporate clients and go to great lengths to ensure that each satisfies the needs and expectations of the other. We do so by taking the time to thoroughly understand the specific needs of each of our Partners and then using proprietary recruitment techniques to pinpoint the most suitable job candidates.