Gigacover is building business insurance for the future of work. Business models, workforce composition, working norms and the associated risks are rapidly evolving. Our products include insurance for gig workers, freelancers, tech workers, accident as well as liability and operational insurance for businesses. Gigacover builds technology and works with insurer partners to develop and distribute these products.
We are looking for a Product Software Engineer based in Manila. You will be part of our Engineering Team but be situated with the business team in the Philippines for maximum impact and responsiveness to business needs.
Gigacover has the following stack:
- Python is used to build our core business logic, persistence and API layers
- Python is used in our data pipelining and analytics
- ReactJS for our web applications
- React Native for our mobile applications
You will need to:
- Maintaining a deep understanding of Gigacover’s business regionally
- Developing specific client and supplier API integrations
- Building and maintaining TechOps tools to optimise operations with automation
- Coordination and communication with product managers and the core engineering team.
We are looking for:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Be proficient in:
- Postgres (or other SQL based database)
- Be able to appreciate business logic and user experience.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Communication Skills
- Computer Science [Software Technology]