- Mandaluyong, Philippines
- 18,000.00 - 18,000.00 PHP / month
- Full time
The Internal Auditor position is responsible to the Board of Directors for the internal auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by personnel including planning, execution, and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews.
This position maintains and updates auditing procedures as prescribed by the Board and regulatory agencies and reports to the Board results of the audits conducted. A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to management, including responding to questions on risk management techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans and performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program;
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities;
- Assist Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities;
- Assess how business units comply with established internal policies and procedures;
- Conducts risk assessments on key business activities and use the information as guide in audits;
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of internal control systems;
- Develops recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping;
- Performs audit procedures to verify if controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques;
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement;
- Ensuring that the operating policy guidelines, procedures and performance standards address operational needs
- Co-operation with external auditors to ensure successful audit of the financial statements
- Conducts operational and adhoc investigations and handles issues arising out of audit exercises
- Generates accurate and objective reports to inform and guide management and Board of Directors on the state of compliance with control procedures.
- Investigates violations of operational procedures and makes recommendations on appropriate preventatives or remedial action
- Ensures records related to finances are kept accurately
- Maintenance of organisational and professional ethical standards
- Identify and evaluate the risks areas
Formal Qualifications and Training Required/Desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy (CPA preferred)
Key Competencies/Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required Desirable
- High level computer literacy with the following applications – Microsoft Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint.
- Communication: Analyses, interprets and disseminates information in a manner that is suitable for all staff.
- Working Collaboratively: Facilitates multi-disciplinary groups to reach conclusions by working collaboratively and influencing appropriately.
- Managing Change: Ensures clear communication of change and the reasons behind the change. Positively and confidently communicates changes to employees and provides support to ensure smooth implementation of those changes.
- Focus on Results: Challenges the status quo to deliver agreed goals
- Problem Solving: Breaks multi-dimensional problems or processes into component parts to help identify a range of solutions. Ensures problems are managed at the appropriate level and seeks to involve partners in joint problem solving
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Auditing and Compliance
- Analyzing Data
- General Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Critical Thinking
- Accountancy [Internal Audit]
- Business Administration & Accountancy
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Guevent Building, 52 Domingo M. Guevara, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- General Services
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.