Accounts Payable Accountant
- Pasig, Philippines19th Floor Strata 100 Building, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
An Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient processing of accounts payable transactions. We are looking for a reliable and detail-oriented professional to help us properly maintain our payable information. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve payment issues and reconcile statements with vendors.
- Ensures that requisitions were duly approved before processing.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Monitors account to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Prepares aging of accounts payable and analysis of accounts.
- Prepares, computes, records, journalizes, prints, and posts to the accounting systems the Voucher Payable.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Updates and maintains petty cash accounts and disbursements books.
- Checks and validates the petty cash replenishment report and cash advance liquidation report.
- Prepares and records the adjusting journal entries for the accrual of expenses and reclassification entries if any.
- Prepares prescribed reports for financial audit, internal customers and government compliance.
- Prepares, collates, fills-out the financial requirements/documents for the Bidding/Accreditation of the company.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Six months to one-year work experience in accounts payable processing, accounts receivable monitoring, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
- Has working knowledge of accounting process and procedures.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications and the ability to use productivity software.
- Has the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Has the ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Effective corporate communication and information management skills.
- Has the ability to show good judgment at all times.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Single Parent Leave
- Special Leave Benefits for Women
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowances
- Processing Information
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Accounts Payable
- Problem Solving
- Bank Reconciliation
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 19th Floor Strata 100 Building, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
- Information Technology
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.