Agriculture Program Manager | General Santos
- General Santos, PhilippinesGeneral Santos, SOCCSKSARGEN, PhilippinesGeneral SantosSOCCSKSARGENPhilippines
- Full time
What is the opportunity?
Our goal is to increase smallholder coconut farmer incomes so that Filipino families and communities can prosper.
We are hiring for a Program Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of HOPE’s agricultural programs. Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- People Management:
- Oversee the Agriculture Program Department;
- Ensure that all staff are implementing HOPE’s agriculture programs which includes:
- managing a breeding farm, model farms, demo farms, conducting trainings and supporting individual farmers to replicate best practices, and facilitating the distribution of other program support to farmers in the community;
- Ensure that the M&E officer produces accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout;
- Managing and Implementing Programs, which may include:
- Manage the program’s budget and ensure accurate financial records;
- Ensuring that program’s goals are met and adhering to approved budgets;
- Monitor project plans, aggregating project level data to continuously improving interventions and developing a robust set of internal systems and processes for the program;
- Identify candidates and hire for the Program;
- Representing the Program in key stakeholders engagement activities (meetings, conferences, other official functions);
- Other management and administrative tasks to support the program as required;
What do we do?
Friends of Hope, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating and investing in opportunities for Filipinos to achieve their full potential and to prosper. We invest donations from both our affiliate company, Generationhope, Inc. and our partners in education and agriculture initiatives in the Philippines.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking for someone who is passionate about agriculture and empowering smallholder farmers to achieve their full potential.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have at least 5 years of Business Operations Experience
- Strong People Management and M&E background
- Experience working in rural communities with farmers on agricultural, community engagement or other community-based interventions is an advantage
- Have understanding and experience with the value chains for key crops relevant to smallholder farmers: coconut, cacao, coffee and other fruits and vegetables;
- Be computer literate, and confident to manage a complex project and community engagement;
- Be fluent in English, Tagalog, and/or Bisaya.
- Idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-orientation, adaptability and self-direction are critical, as are exceptional organizational, communication and management skills.
- Amenable to work in General Santos City
- Can start ASAP
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.