Database Administrator (DBA)
- Pasig, PhilippinesOrtigas Center, Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, Pasig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesPasigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 80,000.00 - 120,000.00 PHP / monthPHP80,000.00120,000.0080,000.00MONTH
- Full time
As a Database Administrator (DBA) you will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Our Database Admin will perform the following:
- Install and configure MySQL instances, databases and replication for optimum performance
- Provide DBA support across the dev, QA, staging and production environments
- Perform maintenance and optimization of transactional databases and very large database data warehouses to address chronic issues
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, etc.) and/or open source tools
- Setup monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Ensure that databases systems meet security, performance, availability, capacity and reliability requirements
- Configure systems for high availability (HA) and business continuity including backup and recovery plans.
- Troubleshoot complex problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools as well as perform complex instance, query tuning, and performance monitoring
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- installation new versions of the database management system (DBMS), its tools and any other tools that access the database.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of related work experience in the BPO Industry, must have familiarity with operational /business metrics.
- High level of proficiency of MySQL, Talend, MS Excel & Visual Basic, Jaspersoft, and Crystal Reports
- Strong command over MS Excel
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Skilled at maintaining multiple projects and reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, or Vision Plans
- MS SQL Server
- Database System Administration (DBA)
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.