- Makati, Philippines29th Floor, 29th Floor, Pacific Star Bldg. | Makati Avenue corner Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 100,000.00 - 120,000.00 PHP / monthPHP100,000.00120,000.00100,000.00MONTH
- Full time
“There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Finance Controller to join our growing team in Makati! You will be directly reporting to the Head of Finance. The role will take ownership for all aspects of financial operations, controls and reporting in Food Panda Philippines, Inc.
As the Financial Controller, you will ensure that all processes and controls are strong and constantly improved, with a highly efficient month end process, accurate budgeting and forecasting. Working closely with the Head of Finance, you will also assist in strategic financial decision-making as well as other functions in asset management, procurement and IT operations / security.
- Espouse a culture of excellence, integrity and continuous improvement within the team.
- Oversee a team of 10 in the finance and accounting functions specifically: month-end process, payables, payroll, treasury, financial reporting, collections, cost monitoring and control.
- Ensure that management books are timely submitted and is compliant with the Global Accounting Policy.
- Cash flow management including but not limited to daily review of cash position and cash requirement forecasting.
- Monthly forecasting of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow and monitoring of cash in particular throughout the month
- Review and monitor tax reports to ensure that it’s accurate, complete and timely submitted.
- Variance analysis and commentary to explain monthly results versus forecast / budget / prior year and provide early warning on deviations
- Support in the annual budget process, monitoring and maintenance of all supporting spreadsheets Manage projects in process streamlining/improvement with focus on maximization of available application tools, risk evaluation, and documentation of procedures
- Manage projects in process streamlining/improvement with focus on maximization of available application tools, risk evaluation, and documentation of procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent, CPA / CA at least 5 years’ experience in MNC or consulting firm
- At least two years’ experience as Finance Controller / Finance Manager or equivalent.
- Preferably has financial audit experience at least as Senior / Supervisor from Big 4 firms
- Proficiency in general accounting principles, regulatory standards and tax and statutory compliance requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure, detail-oriented and employs a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Possesses attitude of integrity and excellence and agility for change
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with impeccable work attitude towards meeting deadlines amidst heavy workload
- Attentive to details and confidentiality
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Transportation Allowances
- Auditing and Compliance
- General Accounting
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- Accounting and Finance
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- 29th Floor, Pacific Star Bldg. | Makati Avenue corner Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.