The .net Developer works closely with the Australian based Development Manager and Product Owners to develop innovative ways for this global transport business to consume and engage with mission critical data. This detailed and problem-solving technical role is responsible for the development of products on the web, desktop, in vehicles, and the interfaces in between. From time to time you will also be required to work on C and/or C++ applications.
Design and Develop
- Using your broad knowledge (C#, MVC, C++, Relational databases, GIS, etc.) integrate data from specialized in-vehicle equipment to create interactive applications showing fleet movement, status and incident management.
- Create cross-platform applications, with tools such as Qt or GTK, that tightly integrate through (REST) APIs with in-vehicle equipment
- Prototype and develop UI/UX changes for desktop and web apps
- Using your in-depth knowledge of reporting/dashboards (Jasper, Qlik, Grafana, etc.) create data dashboards that combine large geospatial and time-series data sets from a variety of platforms (RDBMS, document stores, etc.)
- Analyze data to understand the most efficient way to answer business critical questions
- Investigate and understand key technologies and how they support deployed and future solutions.
- Create micro services and APIs to enable communication between in-vehicle (Windows, Linux, RTOS) equipment and Windows/Linux services running in our data-centres.
- Assist in the design of highly scalable infrastructure, ensuring industry best practices are used
- Create installation scripts and ERDs for data stores
- Guard against downtime and the loss of efficiencies
- Ensure process and software changes are correctly captured in document updates
- Assist in the preparation of release notes, manuals and work instructions
- Write design documentation and capture user requirements
- Update and maintain issue tracking systems
- Assist in automated and manual testing of web/mobile software and hardware interfaces
- Champion cross-device compatibility
- Create test scripts and automated test tools
- Assist in UAT workshops
- Maintain detailed test log
On top of being a really cool company and a great place to work, you’ll get the following benefits as part of the Filta Family:
- Fixed 6:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday shift
- HMO for yourself and one dependent from day one
- 20 combined SL/VLs per year accrued from day one (you will have 10 accrued once you pass regularisation)
- Monthly social activities paid by the company– such as watercolour workshop, board games, laser tag, escape room, team dinner, etc.
- Monthly 20 minute 'at desk massage' paid by the company
- Free access to our in-house fully maintained gym with free gym coach
- A very cool and inclusive workplace with access to all our facilities and amenities in the office including a massage room, showers, kitchenettes, breakout areas, etc
- 30 minutes early out Fridays (after regularisation, upon completing all your tasks for the week, and if you’re on time during the week)
- Company perks relating to your role such as free tickets to meetups, conventions, conferences, etc.
- The opportunity to be a part of Shopify Meetup Manila run by Filta every quarter. This event will expose you to the Shopify – the world's fastest growing eCommerce platform – and the ecosystem in Manila.
Education and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or an equivalent level of experience in a related role
- 2-5 years demonstrable experience in a Software Development role with an emphasis on mobile-first solutions
- Experience with the following technologies & tools (required):
- Relational Databases
- Linux(preferablyCentOS) o Jira
- Service based architectures
- Highly desirable:
- Mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A fierce attention to detail and an aptitude to learn
- A desire to not accept the status quo and enthusiasm to continue to improve systems.
- Mature and professional approach to work with an ability to instil a high level of confidence with others.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills within a multi-facetted environment.
- A co-operative approach to “go the extra mile” to achieve results.
- Job level
- Associate / Supervisor
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Doña Julia Vargas Avenue & Bank Drive, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Outsourcing / Offshoring
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.