Back End Developer - PHP
- Mandaluyong, Philippines5, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMandaluyongMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Work with this passionate eCommerce Australian development agency who specialises in creating amazing and unique experiences! Through working with our clients in true partnership, through website development, hosting and strategic growth consulting services they are building an environment where all developers and team members love coming to work and who work together to accomplish amazing feats!
The Back end PHP Developer role is one of the most important roles in our business. We see PHP developers as the engine behind our brand and your role will be vital to ensuring the business continues to effectively support and grow some of Australia’s most well-known brands.
Working with the Team Lead, you will be working in an agile dev environment to provide scope analysis, planning, execution and completion of your various goals and tasks within each sprint. You will be a key part of the team working closely with your fellow developers and the broader teams (UI devs, designers and Producers) to make magic happen!
- Strong PHP Development – Can develop and structure their code so that it can be easily adapted to other solutions or other clients.
- Strong SQL experience – the ability to write complex, performant queries across large sets of data is absolutely essential.
- Understanding of command-line GIT processes
- Ability to manage Ubuntu and CentOS servers through SSH; specifically, the setup, configuration and maintenance of Apache, PHP and MySQL. Knowledge and experience with AWS hosting is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of REST API and Soap API, ability to write modular code to support external services.
- In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Can work independently and problem solve difficult issues on the fly
- Strong Debugging Skills – can diagnose issues with tools or scripting methods to replicate issues
Other Beneficial Talents:
- Has used JIRA and GitHub
- Has familiarity with caching tiers from Servers to High-Level Caches (e.g. Varnish to Cloudflare/Fastly)
- Resilience – able to handle a fast-moving agile environment
- Able to think quickly and come up with robust long term solutions
On top of being a really cool company and a great place to work, you’ll get the following benefits as part of the Filta Family:
- HMO for yourself and one dependent from day one
- 20 combined SL/VLs per year accrued from day one (you will have 10 accrued once you pass regularisation)
- Monthly social activities paid by the company – such as watercolour workshop, board games, laser tag, escape room, team dinner, etc.
- Monthly 20 min at desk massage paid by the company
- Free access to our in-house fully maintained gym with free gym coach
- A very cool and inclusive workplace with access to all our facilities and amenities in the office including a massage room, showers, kitchenettes, breakout areas, etc
- 30 minutes early out Fridays (after regularisation, upon completing all your tasks for the week, and if you’re on time during the week)
- Company perks relating to your role such as free tickets to meetups, conventions, conferences, etc.
- The opportunity to be a part of Shopify Meetup Manila run by Filta every quarter. This event will expose you to the Shopify – the world's fastest-growing eCommerce platform – and the ecosystem in Manila.
Want to be part of our #FiltaFam?
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Bereavement/Family Leave
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Technology [Information Technology]
- Information Technology
- Computer Science [Software Technology]
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Office Address
- Doña Julia Vargas Avenue & Bank Drive, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Outsourcing / Offshoring
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.