- Monitor the Indonesian political and policy environment for issues that interest and impact the company
- Work with the Government of Indonesia, private sector partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy and other technology-relevant public policy concerns
- Actively promote the uses of Facebook with policy-makers and influencers in both electoral and governing bodies
- Represent Facebook in meetings with politicians and policy-makers
- Build industry coalitions to help advance and support Facebook’s policy agenda
- Communicate Facebook’s positions in public presentations and with media
- Enhance the policy community's understanding of the Facebook platform bette
- Advise Facebook teams on public policy matters emerging in Indonesia.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience managing legislation and/or government relations and advocacy work
- Keen understanding of Indonesia's political system, environment and institutions
- Outstanding judgment and persuasive skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience in policy work for a multinational corporation or government preferred
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and the English language in both conversation and writing
- Advanced degree in public policy, a related field or law degree preferred
- Fluency in technology and a passion for Facebook.
- Job level
- Mid-Senior Level / Manager
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Graduated from college
- Office Address
- Facebook, South Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Information Technology / IT
- 1 opening
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
About Facebook Indonesia
Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our hacker culture - an environment that rewards creative problem solving and rapid decision making. We encourage people to be bold. Our open culture keeps everyone informed and allows people to move around and solve the problems they care about most. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating and improving. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” is posted on our walls, reminding us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission to make the world more open and connected.