Equipment Engineering Technician
- 2 openings
- Preferred Educational Attainment
- Completed vocational course
- 20 days ago
- Application deadline
- in a month
- Recruiter responds
- 57% of the time
- Recruiter last seen
- 2 days ago
- Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Office Address
- #3 Ampere St. LISP I, Cabuyao, Laguna, Cabuyao, Philippines
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.
- BSME, BSEE, BSECE or Graduate of 3-year Vocational / Trade course in Electro – Mechanical or Electronics.
- 2 to 3 years related experience
- Good in Electronics and Electro – Mechanical troubleshooting. Good in analysis of electro-mechanical problems. Working knowledge of computer software such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Perform daily maintenance activities in the production lines to ensure all equipment are in operational conditions, minimized down time and set-up is carried out in the shortest possible time.
- Checks all machines that require calibration (i.e., oven temperature calibration, soldering tip temperature) and performs calibration as needed.
- Sets-up and qualifies machines before endorsing to Production.
- Sets-up electrical connection (manual test) of specific device as required by Production.
- Shutdown and start-up equipment as required.
- Ensures that all production machines are in good running condition.
- Ensures that all mechanical fixtures (i.e., Test Fixtures and Assembly Fixtures) are in good condition.
- Repairs all defective equipment and machines used by Production.
- Performs weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi – annual and annual Preventive maintenance on machines/equipment assigned to the department.
- Corrects/closes action items identified from audits such as MPC, 5S, 3rd party, IR scanning and others.
- Supports, implements, recommends or leads machine improvement initiatives.
- Maintains records of all machines, equipment and fixtures in the production line, including machine downtime and updates calibration records of machines (i.e., Ovens, Wire Bonders, Die Attach, and others).
- Performs timely encoding of machine status in machine downtime log.
- Records his/her activities and endorses unfinished job to the technician on next shift.
- Escalates machine problems/issues to lead technicians. Machine downtime with more than 2 hours shall be immediately escalated.
- Trains operators, new technicians and engineers.
- Assists Process Engineers in evaluating machine set – up.
- Checks availability of and requisitions spare parts for machines used by Production.
- Performs others duties as assigned from time to time.
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader that designs, manufactures and markets innovative, highly customized, high performance photonics components and subsystems for Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEMs”) and Defense Primes. It serves technology-driven life sciences, industrial, consumer, defense and aerospace markets, providing the broadest range of products in the photonics industry including light sources, sensors and imagers, lasers, lenses and complex optical subsystems.
Excelitas Technologies was spun out of PerkinElmer’s Environmental Health business unit and is privately held by Veritas Capital with approximately 5,500 employees worldwide that service a loyal base of blue chip customers through a global network of 21 owned production, R&D, and distribution centers throughout North America, Europe and Asia
Beyond our portfolio of high-performance, enabling technologies, our tagline embodies the spirit of Excelitas: ENGAGE. ENABLE. EXCEL. Come work for a soaring organization that will position you for greater achievements. The brightest talents will find their careers well-illuminated at Excelitas.