Meet the team & the product:
We are looking for a Writer who will work directly with the Creative Lead and with the rest of the Creatives team. The Creatives team is in charge of providing creative expertise for all Edukasyon.ph channels through written content. We co-create content for Gen Z learners in the Philippines, empowering them on topics covering their education, career, and life options.
We are a for profit high impact edtech startup that allows us to sustainably support our websites (www.edukasyon.ph and www.finduniversity.ph) Our websites (www.edukasyon.ph and www.finduniversity.ph) are used by 8 million Filipino learners aged 13-24 annually, and we have an ambitious product roadmap (including launching a mobile app) to further develop their learning and upskilling, whilst adapting to the disruptions brought on by Covid-19.
Get to know the role :
Working closely with the Creative Lead, the Writer will be responsible for ensuring that the written content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style and quality, The challenges facing EdTech in the Philippines are numerous and sizable - but then so is the opportunity to redefine learning for the 8 million learners who use our websites every year.
- Support, teach, and learn from, other team-members at Edukasyon, especially in Product, Digital Marketing, Marketing, and Tech
- Works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (i.e. sales teams) and external stakeholders in the production process
- Creates blog articles, video scripts, social media campaigns, website copy, branding materials, and event collaterals for Editorial and Branded requirements
- Optimizes written work based on SEO best practices
- Create written requirements that would provide value to our client projects
- Take participation from ideating slants, researching, and pitching to writing, editing, and publishing
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, both English and Filipino
- Highly creative, efficient with time and resources, and can balance client feedback with editorial oversight
- Highly creative and can write for various media
- Well-versed in Gen-Z culture and trends
- Must have portfolio with 3-5 writing samples (short-form or long-form; for any medium i.e. newspaper, magazine, web, etc.; written in English or Filipino)
Nice to Have :
- Startup experience
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home