Senior Payroll Specialist
- Taguig, PhilippinesFort Legend Tower, 3rd Avenue corner 31st Street, Taguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
Why you would love working with us:
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs for as many Filipinos as we can. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 500 happy employees over the years.
- Gather the time data and payroll information to perform payroll operations and ensure accurate processing and recording.
- Administer payroll and benefit payments to ensure that employees receive the correct compensation and benefits in a timely manner.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Perform compliances for unclaimed payroll checks.
- Process accurate and timely year-end alpha list reporting.
- Remit to government agencies employee benefits and loans (SSS, Philhealth, HDMF).
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees.
- Create payroll data/ reports during financial reviews.
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays.
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
- Maintain and document all payroll records.
- Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll transactions.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll processing and mandatory regulations.
- Experience from a BPO company is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field.
- Excellent organization and numeric skills and keen to details.
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
- With strong computer skills and ability to effectively use an automated payroll system preferably ZenHours.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Good communication skills to interact with employees and all level of people.
- Meticulous, detailed, well organized, and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must have proficient knowledge in human resources management, job descriptions, performance review methods and techniques, staff training, development and recognition, mentoring and coaching, and understanding of the company handbook.
- Must demonstrate good supervisory skills, team building skills, problem-solving skills, basic counseling skills, effective verbal and listening communication skills, computer skills, and effective written communications.
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.